It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
Chaintech 9CJS ZENITH Chaintech 9CJS ZENITH
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chaintech 9CJS ZENITH

Old 22nd January 2005, 01:30   #191
Victorious25

Well I figured out why no audio was coming from the card at all, it wasn't the primary sound card, heh I'm a genius. But now that I can at least get sound from it I have been trying to get the three jacks for the 5.1 in the correct order to sound correct, but I can only get all the sound to come from the center speaker and subwoofer, all the sound to come from the front left and right speakers, or all thesound to come out of the back left and right speakers. I can't really figure out why it will only utilize two components at one time.
Old 22nd January 2005, 01:52   #192
Kerry

How did you set it to be the primary sound card.?

Kerry
Old 22nd January 2005, 02:23   #193
Victorious25

Well I had another sound card in one of my PCI slots, but to do it I right clicked and went to properties on my computer, then opened the device manager, and selected the Sound, Video, Game controlers menu and right clicked on the audio devices that I didn't want to use and selected disable in that menu.

But on with my problem. I updated the drivers for the audio, and it seemed to help significantly with my problem. Everything was working except when I tested the Center speaker sound came from the Sub, and when I tested the Sub sound came from the Center Speaker. This didn't bother me to much so I decided to try to open up musicmatch and play a song. Well when I did no sound would play, then afterward I went in to test the speakers again and now no test sound comes from the Front left and right speakers. I tried playing audio in Windows Media Player too and that didn't work eitehr. I have no idea what's going on.
Old 22nd January 2005, 02:35   #194
Kerry

Given I only have the onboard and the MultiMedia Card, I don't know which is set as the primary.

Do you have "Envy Audio Deck" in your Control Panel? If so, what happens when you click it.

Re: "I installed "audio_VIA_Envy24_v1.43d" (the latest from Chaintech's site) but when I check Device Manager > Sound, Video, and game controllers > Envy24 Family Audio Controller WDM it reads:

Driver provider: VIA - Ensemble, Inc.
Driver date: 3/22/2004
Driver version: 5.12.1.3631
"

what does your's show?

Thanks,
Kerry
Old 22nd January 2005, 03:15   #195
Victorious25

First off I do have "Envy Audio Deck" in control panel, but opening it does nothing.
Next, I installed Envy24_Family_Drivers_v442a
today and that changed the entire format for the Vinyle Audio Control Panel.

My only problem now is that the front speakers dont work. I got things in Musicmatch and otehr audio players to work, and I got it so the center speaker plays the center speaker, and the sub plays the sub, but I cannot figure out the front speaker problem.
Old 22nd January 2005, 08:56   #196
Kerry

Thanks,

I understood from jmke that we were supposed to use the VIA driver that's on the Chaintech website, apparently because it's customized for the 9cjs.

Interesting about the "Envy Audio Deck" behavior. I have no idea what it's supposed to do.

I'll write to Chaintech and ask them to read our posts.

Kerry
Old 24th January 2005, 19:47   #197
Speedfoos

Question for everyone out there....
After having to force awdflash to update my 9CJS BIOS to the most current BIOS out by Chaintech (12/29/2004 version), I am still running into the problem I was trying to fix. I keep getting an extra Primary and Secondary IDE channel trying to install everytime I reboot and Windows can't find the drivers to install them. When I try to remove them, my opticals on that channel (the primary) aren't detected correctly. I am running two Seagate SATA 120s as my primary hard drives, and a Plextor CD-R Premium and Plextor DVD 712A burners on the Primary IDE channel. I have disabled the secondary IDE channel in the BIOS as nothing is physically installed on that channel. Not sure what to do at this point other than blame my problems on XP SP2 since this didn't start happening until then. Help!
Old 24th January 2005, 20:55   #198
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

do you have a virtual CD/DVD drive program install? Like "VDAEMON" or "ALCOHOL 120%" ?

try to uninstall that program, go into HW manager, remove the PRIM/SEC IDE controllers, then reboot
Old 25th January 2005, 21:48   #199
Speedfoos

Well, a good idea but neither worked. I think that SATA drive may be failing as it has been acting wonky since it was shipped from the US to me here in Germany, it might have suffered some damage during the move. Either way, on a side note I don't recommend trying an XP System Restore back more than a month, I tried that as a last resort and ending having my system going into a boot loop and would not load windows under any mode, safe or otherwise. So I ended up reformatting. Now the laborius process of reinstalling all my software and tweaking everything to my liking again. Its worse than moving into a new house! Anyway, thanks again for the help, I like the forum and will continue to monitor it. Thanks again!
Old 31st January 2005, 14:33   #200
Zizan

Hi, I am a new owner of a 9CJS and am having some problems so I thought I see if anyone here can help.

Here is my config:
9CJS MB
Intel P4E 3.4GHz (Prescott) HT enabled
(2) 512 MB DDR400 RAM (Dual Channel in slots 0 and 2)
MSI nVidia FX 5900XT video card

Having major issues doing 3d graphics. Consistently get a system crash with an error about an infinite loop in nv4_disp.dll whenever I run a 3d graphics game or benchmark. Here is what I have tried:

memtest the memory w/ multiple passes - no errors.
Reinstalled XP Pro in the following order:
* Install XP (formatting drive in the process)
* Install latest Intel chipset drivers (dl from Intel)
* Install latest nVidia drivers
* Install DirectX 9.0c
* Run 3dmark 2003 - crashes at start of 2nd game test

The video card works fine in my old system, although the old MB only does AGP 2x.

I have emailed chaintech techsupport and am waiting for reply but am hoping one of you brilliant folks might have some ideas for me.

If not -- anyone want to buy a 9CJS cheap? Only used for 4 days!