It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
WeldZilla 2 "A New Beginning" Extreme mod,not just a few lights and fans WeldZilla 2 "A New Beginning" Extreme mod,not just a few lights and fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WeldZilla 2 "A New Beginning" Extreme mod,not just a few lights and fans
Closed Thread

Old 23rd April 2004, 00:55   #21
WeldZilla

Default support

I needed to have support for what is now the left rear coner of the case. I took a piece of 14 gauge angle iron. (Very light) and welded it into the corner. You see I have to have something for the covers to slide in behind. This worked well. you will notice I also split the remaining pice of case cover that was left over you will see why I did not split it evenly.

WZ

Old 23rd April 2004, 00:59   #22

Sidney Freshly Registered

It sure will look nice; with it places sideway and CD bay facing in the front.
Weld or rivet a cover on the right to hide the cables coming out and it will be home entertainment center.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Old 23rd April 2004, 01:00   #23
WeldZilla

Default Enermax! Grrrrr.........

you see it was not in the plans to put a back window in this case.The plan was to contact Enermax and get an extra righ side cover. I made the mistake of telling them what I was doing. They wrote me back and informed me that By volintarily cutting my case. I had voided all warranties. I wrote them back and let them know that was ok. I just needed to purchase a spare case cover. They wrote me back and informed me that I had voided my warranty. I wrote them back and told them to stuff it!! I decided on plexi-glass!!

WeldZilla

Old 23rd April 2004, 01:06   #24
WeldZilla

Default Prime time

Well it is ready now. After alot of un photo'd cleanup, for it's first coat of primer.
modding is just more satisfying than I can describe!!

WZ

Old 23rd April 2004, 01:16   #25
WeldZilla

Default legs

Well I made these legs and yes it is true. I hate them!! they stick out too far and just do not fit!! Back to the leg drawing table.
you will notice in this pic. that the rear window is in also. that went well.

Weldzilla

Old 23rd April 2004, 01:23   #26
WeldZilla

Default New legs

Well I got out some flat bar and some small pipe. The pipe was yet another left over from some other project. the inside diameter of the pipe was a little smaller than 1/2 in. So I was able to tap threads into them. I then cut the heads off some 1/2 in. bolts and drilled my flatbar to accomodate the headless bolts. I welded the bolts in. Then I screwed the pipe legs on. a side benit was that with them being threaded they are adjustable.

WZ

Old 23rd April 2004, 01:30   #27
WeldZilla

Default New radiator

you know i think one of the biggest rip-offs in our game are the
" Modder Extreme Radiators".They are too spendy. I had a Maxxpert once. I would not give that piece of in-efficient crap to my worst enemy. I went to my local Auto-parts store. Bought myself a nice new copper heater core for a seventies model general motors car. as you can see by the phot I accomodates 2 x 120mm fans perfectly It was $21.50 american about a 3rd of a computer Rad. And more efficient to boot!!

WZ

Old 23rd April 2004, 01:35   #28
WeldZilla

Default Rad box

Well a new rad is no good without a rad box. I was initially going to keep all my cooling system cept the block away from the case.
But like I always say, I like a fluid plan, nothing set in stone!! Well I guess it is now that I cut the back of the case and built the rad box. Here is a look

WZ

Old 23rd April 2004, 01:45   #29
WeldZilla

Default Rad box on!

here is a look at the rad box in it's new home!!!!! Hope it lives long and prospers there!! Oh yes I still need to get those awful legs off there too!! And yes this is to be the cases final color. Pewter gray. I work in an industrial world. Big surprise, I weld for my living. I also run a big old 40's model Welman floating crane,which is a nice break from the routine. However I must tell
you that welding for me is completely satisfying. Steel or aluminum or wahtever the process it does not matter. I LOVE what I do. So I' painting this case this shade of gray in honor of me and my career choice!!

WeldZilla

Old 23rd April 2004, 01:54   #30
WeldZilla

Default Res retainer

Ok the res. is built. it was made out of PVC out of 1.5in. pipe the retainer rings were cutout of pipe but were to big around so I had to cutout abot 1in. of the ring. i then squezzed them together in my vice and welded them. Then i used the vice to make them round again.

WZ

Closed Thread