It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
which mobo which mobo
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

which mobo
Closed Thread

Old 9th July 2004, 08:15   #1
quacktastic

Default which mobo

i am probably going to buy an athlon xp mobile 2600+, and was wondering what mobo i should get. additionally, i was also considering the lower power chips that amd produces (the 35W ones). does anyone know how these chips compare? i have already seen the abit nf7-s v2, but i was a little bit unhappy with the previous one because you have to do a solder mod to get the board up past 220ish fsb. any input would be appreciated.

quacktastic

Old 9th July 2004, 13:07   #2
kristos

first off, if the chipset doesn't want, no Vmod is going to get you there.

The DFI boards go beyond but they have lots of issues. I've heard from several people on the forums that it wasn't untill their 4th DFI that they had a good oc'er and then they're not even talking about the usual problems.

Epox has a new board out or will have an new board out very soon, also nf2 400 ultra chipset.

boards with via chipset... dno if the later ones are good oc'ers. I had an asus a7v600 (via kt600) wich was very stable but not a good overclocker.

Oh and about the mobiles, I got 2 35Watters, 1 not tested yet, the other is rockstable @ 1.6V 2400 mhz Whatever I try (without modding) I can't go over 216 mhz fsb.

but in general, you can't' go wrong with a mobile. whether (check last line, that's a mistake I'm glad I didn't make ) it's for pure oc'ing or just for a low volt mild oc, you really can't go wrong with these

Closed Thread