It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
WeldZilla 2 "A New Beginning" Extreme mod,not just a few lights and fans WeldZilla 2 "A New Beginning" Extreme mod,not just a few lights and fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WeldZilla 2 "A New Beginning" Extreme mod,not just a few lights and fans
Closed Thread

Old 25th April 2004, 21:24   #41
WeldZilla

is that the max OC on that P4?
or is the motherboard holding you back?

NO and NO
Geez I'm surprised you did not find that pic and post it for me too.
There was alot more to say along with those pics. some people may have actually picked up a few hints along the way. But you pre-empted all that. So you go out and search out my top cpu-z
and post it. Afterall you are my secretary/ publicist.

WZ

Old 25th April 2004, 21:35   #42
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

sorry if I offended you, wasn't my intention at all..

fitting your nick in http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...-8&q=weldzilla was too obvious, finding the 4th link also. ah well.
Old 25th April 2004, 21:49   #43
WeldZilla

Default Hey it's an EPOX!!

It is my first Epox mobo. I bought it based on the reputaition this and other Epox boards have for OC'ing. I ran it at 303 fsb.
That is not what i was after. I run it at 3.2 for the simple fact that it renders video perfectly there. I should tell you also that it renders it extremely fast there!! I rendered some video that I had shot on my JVC DV-CAM I loaded it into pinnacle 8 studio.
(I don't use pinnacle really anymore since I found Video Vegas!!)
I rendered it and burned it to DVD. It ripped through the clips so fast I actually thought it was screwing up!! But I waited and when it finished I took a look at it and it was perfectly smooth vid and sound. This was the fastest video rendering I have seen, ever. I am happy with it's speed right where it is at. By the way the highest I pushed it was to 303FSB, 3637 mhz. @ 1.625 V-core
mem running 3:2 divider. I an ok there. but I do not like working on the edge.

WZ

Old 25th April 2004, 21:56   #44
Madshrimp

that's a very nice little gem of a P4 you got there
Old 25th April 2004, 22:27   #45
WeldZilla

Thanks jmke, I like to think the system as a whole is a gem. this was my most rigorous effort. As it turns out it was my most rewarding too. I plan on building yet another L-case this year as my son wants one too. it will be the same and yet very diiferent.
I look forward to getting going on it soon. I will let you know.
I post as you know in a few different forums. I try to let people know through words and pictures that they need not be afraid of modding. that it is almost impossible to "SCREW" it up. That is not to say that it won't come out different than you planned. But, it will come out. So relax get a few basic tools and have a little fun with it.
WZ

Old 25th April 2004, 22:38   #46
WeldZilla

Default Aquamark

you know My last cpu was a 2.66 B Northwood. I benched it @
3350 mhz on Aquamark. which yielded a CPU score of 8271.
My new cpu is a 2.4C Northwood I ran it @3193 mhz on Aquamark which yielded a cpu score of 10409! Hyper-Threading has a dramatice effect on CPU score. Where I went wrong is when I gave my 8yr-old son my old system, I let him have my vid card with it. I picked up a new e-VGA 5900fx and it is a piece of crap compared to the old. So instead of breaking 50,000 on Aquamark I am only @ 48,985. This is a great score for a 5900fx
But, it should have been better. So my wife will inherit this one when I get my 6800.

WZ

Old 25th April 2004, 22:55   #47
Madshrimp

wait for the ATI cards before putting down $$ for a new GFX card
Old 26th April 2004, 02:42   #48
WeldZilla

You know I think I will wait and see what ATI has instore for us with their new cards. I will tell you however, i have owned one ATI card. Just last year i bought a 9800pro. I had it 2 weeks. Had not even OC'd it yet, and it up and died! that is why I went back to Nvidia. I have owned several and none have ever died! And I OC them into oblivion in a nightmare world. I know ATI cards are great! I am just nervous about getting another.

WeldZilla

Old 9th May 2004, 02:34   #49
WeldZilla

Hey jmke, why did you pull those pics first you post them and steal my thunder, then you pull them and now you leave my thread incomplete,devoid of the finished product!! Yikes!! Here is the complete photo history of the build , Part 1

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wel...2000/my_photos

you will see, alot took place to get to the finished product

WeldZilla

Old 9th May 2004, 02:36   #50
WeldZilla

Here is the link to the finished and working product!!

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wel...2000/my_photos

WeldZilla

Closed Thread