It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
SiFive launches U8 series core SiFive launches U8 series core
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SiFive launches U8 series core

Old 28th October 2019, 08:59   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default SiFive launches U8 series core

Chief architect: 2X area efficiency vs. ARM, 3.1 X faster from U7 gen

SiFive is a company founded by the inventors of RISC-V, and the company of now 550 employees is focusing on providing commercial RISC-V Processor IP and Silicon Solutions has just announced its next generation microarchitecture.

We had a chance to talk with Krste Asanovic, SiFive's Chief Architect, who used some of the time to present the new Out-of-Order Application Processor Core IP called SiFive U8 series.

As the name implies, U8 succeeds in the U7 series launched in 2018, and one of the key goals of this processor is to disrupt the market of endpoints, enterprise and networking as well edge computing and autonomous.

If you want to go a bit deeper endpoints include DTV / Smart Home, AR, VR,MR, Set-Top Box, Game Consoles and Digital Imaging. Enterprise and networking include 5G Wireless, Core/Edge Routers, Base Stations, and Access Points while Edge and Autonomous addresses autonomous vehicles, CDAS, IVI / Cluster, Head-up displays, and Telematics, military, and aerospace as well as robots and drones. Just by looking into this, one can imagine that they are going after the market that is currently dominated by ARM.

SiFive calls the U series a scalable and power-Efficient 64-Bit microarchitecture for Embedded Intelligence

https://fudzilla.com/news/pc-hardwar...u8-series-core
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote