It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
Hardware insanity Hardware insanity
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware insanity
Closed Thread

Old 26th September 2004, 00:05   #11

jort Freshly Registered

i hade some experience with waterdrops too
or should i call it a fountain

had many water on my hardware, but it never died.
think the hairdrier whas the magic
Old 26th September 2004, 00:32   #12
kristos

fftopic:

hey jort, how's your custom phase change doing? last I read of it it wasn't going well...

Old 26th September 2004, 14:25   #13

jort Freshly Registered

@ offtopic

idd the project is actualy cancelled

i am thinking about something else, what is more easy.

sort of beerchiller , but i put my waterloop in it then.

there where some problems of insulation and the idle & stressed temp

idle it went -5° but stressed suddenly +40°( when i pusched the block it was 10°)
but i think why that is , is because my heatspreader of my p4 is removed and the mouting of the block wasn't properly done
Old 27th September 2004, 13:53   #14
Liquid3D

Thank you all for the support. The latest is the card is working, and the board is fine. I removed it, cleaned the area with alcohol, and let it dry overnite. It's a little buggy, when I re-boot, but once up an running it seems fine. Although I only scored 20K in 3dMark2001 with a new X800 XT PCX? It becomingobvious to me the NV40 is a much better chip for the newest games. I only rushed into aquiring PCIe for our readers, so I could help anyone considering the change over.

Right now I belive it's better to remain with AGP if your Intel devotee, and there's currently a few motherboards featuring Socket-775 and an AGP slot if your want toexplore the OC prowess of the new P4 Prescott. I see much better number's with the Geforce.

Finally, I've learned a vaubale H20 lesson about being more careful. I'm about two months behind in reviews, and was rushing trying to catch up.

I have to get my head out of coolio where it's been inserted for the last 45-days.

uke:

Old 29th September 2004, 13:35   #15
FreeStyler

I don't think 3DMark01 is a good representation of the current graphics power. You can only draw a polygon that fast. But you can make it much more beautifull without a massive speed loss.

-- edited to prevent mass flaming uke: --

Old 29th September 2004, 14:46   #16
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

try 3Dmark05 for a change
Old 29th September 2004, 18:11   #17
Laagvliegerke

Let me tell you a little story Not so very long ago, there was a stupid person called [insert my name here]. He used a little bucket as "temporary" reservoir. It was a bucket of 2 liters. That person placed the bucket on his desk but found that rather annoying so he placed it on top of it's case. It worked well, very good temps and because the reservoir was only temporary, he was happy.
Then it happened; that person accidentally pushed the bucket! It fell over but not all the water got on his desk and floor. No, he was "very lucky" because there were two "magic" fanholes in the top of his case that attracted almost all the water. That person first looked a bit stupid because he didn't know what was going on. Then has saw the bucket and looked very fast to his screen. His videocard was producing lot's of wonderful colors!! But that person decided the show was over and disconnected his PC. Suddenly his PC became extremely silent. The only things he heared were dripping water inside his case and his voice screaming many, many f-words.
He was tinking what he could do to solve this problem. He took a little electrical heater and placed it near his case so that hot air was blown in the case. He also took a hair-dryer so he could reach some difficult spots. A day later, he hooked up his rig and everything worked fine! That stupid person did some test and encoutered no problems... Now he hopes it stays that way

...HAPPY END...

Old 29th September 2004, 21:23   #18
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

so you spilled A BUCKET OF WATER inside your PC?

way to go
Old 29th September 2004, 21:44   #19
Laagvliegerke

Quote:
Originally posted by jmke
so you spilled A BUCKET OF WATER inside your PC?

way to go
Nice summary
But like I said, it was a little bucket. Only 2 liters...

Old 29th September 2004, 21:55   #20
StaRflaM

ow only 2liters

that's why i don't want a WC, i'm to damn lazy to sjeck everything everytime i boot or clean/move my system :grum:

Closed Thread