It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Case Modding: Enlightening Lighting Case Modding: Enlightening Lighting
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Case Modding: Enlightening Lighting

Old 20th May 2005, 04:14   #1

Sidney Freshly Registered
Default Case Modding: Enlightening Lighting

A new editor in chief; may be the staffs from THG try living "young at heart" for a change.

Quote:
I had a great time modding with lighting effects. I put everything I could get my hands on into Sharkoon's Plexiglas case. It sounds crazy, but I wanted to see how much stuff I could get in there.

The only thing I didn't think about beforehand was the big mess of cables this would entail. Each pair of cold-cathode light sticks needs its own voltage converter, which takes up a lot of time when installing the cables and units. The much-too-short cables were a hindrance as well.

Plus, getting a lighted fan running was not as simple a matter as I had imagined. Most fans only have a 3-pin plug for the power source. While all motherboards have one, none can hold up with more than 3 fans. The industry has considered this problem, however, and developed simple adapters that attach to the end of a Molex plug from the power supply to make adding lighting easier.

One final thing I learned working with my 'lighthouse': too many lighting effects look cheesy and are a strain on the eyes!
http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20050519/index.html

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote