It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > For Sale - LAN Parties - Other > Mad Bargains
Does anyone has experience with ordering in the US (from Belgium)? Does anyone has experience with ordering in the US (from Belgium)?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Does anyone has experience with ordering in the US (from Belgium)?
Closed Thread

Old 24th June 2004, 19:14   #1
Laagvliegerke

Default Does anyone has experience with ordering in the US (from Belgium)?

I would like to order some stuff on dangerden.com but I would like to know who has experience with buying some stuff in the US.
What are the shipping cost, import-taxes, ... ??? In other words, is it worth buying parts in the US or is it more expensive then buying it here?

Thanks in advance!

Old 24th June 2004, 20:01   #2
[M] Reviewer

Gamer Freshly Registered

Calantak did an order once in the USA, ask him.
Old 24th June 2004, 22:03   #3

Sidney Freshly Registered

I don't think there is any issue in buying any consumer products from the U.S. for overseas buyers.

I used to buy books when I lived outside the U.S. There is no sales tax involvement. The only drawback is freight cost. I use credit card which presents no problem whatsoever.

By the way, the credit card charge came two months after the purchase. Another point I like to make is import duty into Belgium; which you have to find out.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Old 24th June 2004, 22:31   #4
[M] Reviewer

biCker Freshly Registered

I ordered a wb for my gf4 a long time ago from the usa, the block costed let's say 80 euro, at delivery by ups I had to pay an extra 20 euros import taxes...

more info on: site vd douane (the fees are somewhere on these pages)
Old 24th June 2004, 22:37   #5

There you have it. Import taxes or duties.

Normally high import tax is to protect domestic production and resources. I am rather surprise to hear such a high tax into Belgium where video card, chipsets and other PC hardwares are not produced locally.

Old 24th June 2004, 22:39   #6
Laagvliegerke

Thank you for the replies!

@ Gamer: I've sent a PM to Calantak. I hope he wants to reply

@ lazyman: If I'm correct, I don't have to pay sales tax because I live outside the US?

@ biCker: Thank you for the URL!

edit:
Quote:
I am rather surprise to hear such a high tax into Belgium where video card, chipsets and other PC hardwares are not produced locally.
In Belgium all the taxes are high Look at the prices in German or Dutch online stores, many things are much cheaper!
Maybe I should move to the US?

Old 24th June 2004, 22:49   #7

No sales tax applied for buyers not living in the State where the product is sold. Your are correct, no sales tax for you.

As a citizen, we all should pay taxes due to us; and be proud of the country we live in. ; )

I believe there is provision for product purchased for your own use rather than for profit (i.e. reselling) with lower tax bracket. You should find out more.

Old 24th June 2004, 23:11   #8
Laagvliegerke

Quote:
Originally posted by biCker
I ordered a wb for my gf4 a long time ago from the usa, the block costed let's say 80 euro, at delivery by ups I had to pay an extra 20 euros import taxes...

more info on: site vd douane (the fees are somewhere on these pages)
If I understand this this link correct; for a copper block you had to pay 21 % TVA + 3 % APPL, that makes 80 EUR * 1.24 = 99.2 EUR.

Do you remember the freight costs?

Quote:
Originally posted by lazyman
I believe there is provision for product purchased for your own use rather than for profit (i.e. reselling) with lower tax bracket. You should find out more.
Not according to the site above... :grum:

Old 24th June 2004, 23:36   #9
[M] Reviewer

biCker Freshly Registered

I had to go real deep in memories/invoice maps but here it is:
I payed 78.07$ shipping included, the value on the invoice for customs was 29.99$ and I payed €16.39 import taxes.

Were the difference between payed/billed amount comes from? Try asking the reseller for a lower invoice perhaps
Old 25th June 2004, 00:08   #10
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally posted by lazyman
I used to buy books when I lived outside the U.S. There is no sales tax involvement.
think again, I had to pay taxes on a book I ordered from Amazon.com, and also on a CPU I bought 2nd hand from someone in the US.

A motherboard passed without problem, as did a videocard; it depends on LUCK a lot here in Belgium; but be prepared to pay taxes.. always.. even if you mark the item as a "gift" they will make you pay (the CPU was marked as gift btw)