It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > For Sale - LAN Parties - Other > Off-Topic Hangout
Welcome to our forums! Welcome to our forums!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to our forums!
Closed Thread

Old 15th March 2010, 15:08   #501
johnniedoo

Default Fix 5xxx 2nd Monitor Problems In Ccc

I have been working for the past week to try to fix the combination of OD and the new 2d/3d settings catalyst uses to keep power use down. many of our uses do not fit in the little boxes created by the profiles. if oc is off and smart doctor or afterburner, riva tuner all have methods to work around this but it is ati that really dictates those rediculous settings, 157/300 causes my machine to crash and makes using a 2nd monitor with my 5870 virtually impossible even though it is designed to drive 2 normally. if i happen to be using what is considered 2d, it throttles down no matter if i am using grapics intensive programs or converting videos it makes using the 2 monitor imposible unless i make changes using all kinds of tricks. i downloaded the 10.3 preview and it has helped somewhat but not totally. they need to address the drivers to function so that no power/horsepower penalty is installed just because 3d is not invoked. as soon as i go to ccc '3d' the clocks go all the way up even though therre are only the quick demos for comps in there.
I just lost afterburner for some unkown reason, some parts were missing or corrupt message on start up. dont know what all that was about but had to reinstall and didnt happen to have an installer handy. it is ok after that but it wsas 10mins and a couple of reboots just to get and make sure od wasnt inserted in there in the absence.
If anyone else has had these strange behaviors in their 58xx or other new cards please share fixes or work arounds you used and let amd/ati know about the dis satisfaction and get 10.3 or whateveer the next non beta is going to be address the problem and quickly.
thanks
john

Old 15th March 2010, 17:52   #502
chiarascuro

Default Speakers for 5 watts

Greetings! I have recently made the plunge into the world of low powered SEP amplifiers (I liked the reviews of the tecon 55...not to mention price), and I have been looking for the best possible match of speaks for the amp. Currently I am using a rather ill matched pair of Klipsch KG4's and I'm getting reasonable volumes out of them, but not enough punch and bass. Overall, I am thrilled with the sound and clarity of the little 55. Considering I bought that specific model, it should be appearant to all that my finances are limited at best. I am looking for something decent for under $500. I am curious about the Tekton line of single driver speakers, and was wondering if anyone here has experience with either the 6.5 or the 8.1 models running them with either a 3-5watt tube amp, or specifically with the Tecon 55?

Old 19th March 2010, 17:05   #503
EsaT

Hello from snowy Finland...
Remember that there isn't really much snow until only half of you is visible above the surface when walking in it.

Too bad snow can't be used easily for cooling of PC...

Old 19th March 2010, 19:27   #504
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

you can use it in the watercooling reservoir?
Old 19th March 2010, 19:30   #505
[M] Reviewer

Gamer Freshly Registered

Cover your CPU with it ?
Old 20th March 2010, 10:21   #506
[M] Reviewer

geoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registered

Make the opposite of the sun collector, a snow collector:

Old 21st March 2010, 17:31   #507
kunchala

Default Introduction

Hi, My name is venkat from A.P.in India. I am working as administrator in Agrl. Marketing. I much interest to introduce new topics Madshrimp forum.

Old 24th March 2010, 14:03   #508
EsaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmke View Post
you can use it in the watercooling reservoir?
That would mean extra shoveling.
Maybe it would have been easiest to just move PC outside into warm -20C air... althought that might have killed fans and HDDs.

Old 24th March 2010, 14:14   #509
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

extra shoveling would be good for your health
Old 24th March 2010, 15:18   #510
EsaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmke View Post
extra shoveling would be good for your health
Except for those who died or got injured when trying to shovel excessive snow from roofs...

Closed Thread