It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > For Sale - LAN Parties - Other > Off-Topic Hangout
Welcome to our forums! Welcome to our forums!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to our forums!
Closed Thread

Old 1st March 2010, 16:56   #491
Number 13

Default hello

I am a retired techie, been living in China for the last 3 years, just checking the forums out, hobbies include music, techno, rock and roll, playing computer games, FPS and ARPG, and enjoy sight seeing and relaxing here in China

Old 1st March 2010, 17:02   #492
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

welcome aboard! How's your chinese? easy to learn?
Old 6th March 2010, 15:24   #493
Number 13

HI been in China for 3 years and cannot speak Chinese worth a darn, seen peoplwe here 8 years that can though, so I figure I got a few years to go

Old 6th March 2010, 21:05   #494
bartolomius

Default hi

i have been oc'ing for a year or so, hope to learn more of it here

Old 9th March 2010, 19:15   #495
Number 13

good luck with the studies, I hope that the person that is teaching you is a real Chinese person, the language is tonal and close attention to the inflection of the tone is important, if I were to say ( this is as close as I can spell it in English) taw dung, and the let the end of dung drop in tone, it means sit down, but if I say kai dung and raise the tone at the end of dung, it means turn on the light, but we have words that are spelled different but pronounced the same, for, four, and fore, as a example, for them it is the tone and the use in the sentence, and they are listening for the subtle changes in the tones, and for us it is the spelling or the use in the sentence when speaking, but none the less, I enjoy China very much and strongly recommend visiting here, especially if you make friends to show you arround

Last edited by Number 13 : 10th March 2010 at 04:19.

Old 9th March 2010, 19:24   #496
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

thank you for sharing! China is a whole new world to discover; if only time was more stretch-able
Old 10th March 2010, 04:17   #497
Number 13

the eletists keeping you busy, that's why I retired at 57

Old 10th March 2010, 08:47   #498
wilhelm Andersson

I retired at 51 (injury), now 57, after working at first sea since 16y and the last 20y Offshore in the oil industry.Would have liked to
worked a couple off years longer but thats my"carma".
Not complaining since my new "employer" the Insurance company will care for me.
Lived all around the world since I started working.In Sweden at the moment but also going East
more like Thailand due to my better half is Thai.Love the people and the country but the asian language
will take time to learn.Lived in Brasil for 5y and by that time I learned portugees sufficient.
Like we say, Life starts when 65. Beleive the sooner the better but also what one value you could say its "relative"

Old 10th March 2010, 13:07   #499
Number 13

Hi Wilhelm, you understand the Asain people and the problems you will have getting used to life there, I feel the same as you, life really doesn't start till you are retired, as sad but true statement

Old 15th March 2010, 15:07   #500
johnniedoo

Default Fix 5xxx 2nd Monitor Problems In Ccc

I have been working for the past week to try to fix the combination of OD and the new 2d/3d settings catalyst uses to keep power use down. many of our uses do not fit in the little boxes created by the profiles. if oc is off and smart doctor or afterburner, riva tuner all have methods to work around this but it is ati that really dictates those rediculous settings, 157/300 causes my machine to crash and makes using a 2nd monitor with my 5870 virtually impossible even though it is designed to drive 2 normally. if i happen to be using what is considered 2d, it throttles down no matter if i am using grapics intensive programs or converting videos it makes using the 2 monitor imposible unless i make changes using all kinds of tricks. i downloaded the 10.3 preview and it has helped somewhat but not totally. they need to address the drivers to function so that no power/horsepower penalty is installed just because 3d is not invoked. as soon as i go to ccc '3d' the clocks go all the way up even though therre are only the quick demos for comps in there.
I just lost afterburner for some unkown reason, some parts were missing or corrupt message on start up. dont know what all that was about but had to reinstall and didnt happen to have an installer handy. it is ok after that but it wsas 10mins and a couple of reboots just to get and make sure od wasnt inserted in there in the absence.
If anyone else has had these strange behaviors in their 58xx or other new cards please share fixes or work arounds you used and let amd/ati know about the dis satisfaction and get 10.3 or whateveer the next non beta is going to be address the problem and quickly.
thanks
john

Closed Thread