It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
Fujifilm FinePix S6500FD Digital Camera Review Fujifilm FinePix S6500FD Digital Camera Review
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fujifilm FinePix S6500FD Digital Camera Review

Old 26th September 2007, 10:47   #11
wutske

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaT View Post
Nice watercolour effect at high iso.
(BTW, PCB traces are best for seeing lessening of details when ISO increases)

1)dSLR? Except for shape it doesn't differ much from all those Point&Pray aka P&S cameras with that button tapping driven menu based UI.
This is SLR-like user interface.

2)I think this would be better to leave to their BS... err marketing material:
After all it's clear that sensor itself isn't so much better than others and that most of low noise level is achieved with strong noise reduction.

3)More PR BS, image stabilization is system which allows using longer exposure time without camera movement blurring picture.
(this isn't even so called digital image stabilization)

4)But you forgot plus for wide angle, those 38mm unwide angles are horrible... but it's fun to look their users to step backwards for fitting every people into frame. 28mm is much better and "minimum" for landscapes.
1) okay, your completely right about that, but this camera isn't a dSLR-camera so you can't expect it to have everything a dSLR has (+ the lack of dred buttons make this camera a lot better for beginners)

2) The sensor is better than the average sensor, mainly because it's a lot larger (1/1.7" compare to 1/2,5" you'll find in most camera's)

3) I know it's PR BS and I've said that in the review too:
Quote:
this boosts the ISO value until the shutter speed is fast enough to prevent motion blur.This technique does work, but also results in more noise, a problem you don't have when you have an optical image stabilization.
4) I've mentioned that in the conclusive toughts , but maybe I should have put it in the pro list too.