It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Targus made a backpack with a built-in Find My tracker Targus made a backpack with a built-in Find My tracker
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Targus made a backpack with a built-in Find My tracker

Old 4th January 2022, 07:21   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Targus made a backpack with a built-in Find My tracker

Apple's Find My tech is making its way into more products, including a backpack from Targus. The Cypress Hero Backpack has a built-in location tracker that could help its rightful owner find it through the Find My network if it goes missing. Conversely, if you misplace your iPhone, you can press a button on the backpack to ping your phone, as long as you've set things up in the Targus app.

Targus says the tracker is "highly integrated" into the backpack, which should offer some additional anti-theft protection. You can set up geofencing alerts, so if the backpack moves out of a certain area, you'll receive an alert. The tracker also has a built-in sound alert (which will likely be around as loud as an AirTag) that you can trigger remotely.

The tracker has a replaceable battery that you can top up via USB, though Targus says it will run for around a year before you need to recharge it. Targus crafted the backpack with sustainability in mind, as it's made with 26 recycled water bottles. The Cypress Hero Backpack, which has an IPX3 water resistance rating, should be available sometime in the spring or summer. It costs $150.

https://www.engadget.com/targus-smar...2.html?src=rss
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote