It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Project Scarlett will have a drive Project Scarlett will have a drive
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Project Scarlett will have a drive

Old 12th June 2019, 07:58   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Project Scarlett will have a drive

Xbox One S all digital might have been a one-off

Fears that Microsoft might omit an optical drive from its next-generation console due in 2020, might have been unfounded. The prototype, dubbed Project Scarlett will indeed have one and support physical media.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer said more players are buying digital. “We think the experience in certain instances, specifically if I am away from my console and everything is on my hard-drive with the entitlements are all there, there are some scenarios that are easy”, Spencer said.

“But we know that people still have discs. So even when we put out things like the Xbox One S All-Digital edition, we are very clear with the name because I am not trying to confuse anybody, that if you are somebody that has a library of discs, or that’s the way you want to acquire the content, then you should buy the Xbox One S, not the Xbox One S All-Digital... which is why we put it in the name”, Spencer added,

“I want to give people choice, and right now physical is a choice that millions of people love.”

There’s a reasonable chance Microsoft might make a Project Scarlett console without the optical drive at some point down the line, but it will not be the main feast.

https://fudzilla.com/news/gaming/488...l-have-a-drive
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote