It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Democratic lawmakers want FTC to investigate controversial identity firm ID.me Democratic lawmakers want FTC to investigate controversial identity firm ID.me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Democratic lawmakers want FTC to investigate controversial identity firm ID.me

Old 19th May 2022, 08:19   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Democratic lawmakers want FTC to investigate controversial identity firm ID.me

A group of Democratic lawmakers led by Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon is calling on the Federal Trade Commission to investigate ID.me, the controversial identification company best known for its work with the Internal Revenue Service. In a letter addressed to FTC Chair Lina Khan, the group suggests the firm misled the American public about the capabilities of its facial recognition technology.

https://www.engadget.com/senator-ron...3.html?src=rss
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Democratic lawmakers take another stab at AI bias legislation Stefan Mileschin WebNews 0 4th February 2022 07:39
Democratic lawmakers say Facebook 'must completely abandon' Instagram Kids Stefan Mileschin WebNews 0 28th September 2021 07:18
Google will investigate the controversial exit of a top AI ethicist Stefan Mileschin WebNews 0 11th December 2020 08:07
Russian hackers targeted Democratic senator ahead of midterms Stefan Mileschin WebNews 0 30th July 2018 08:07
New York AG will investigate firm selling fake followers to stars Stefan Mileschin WebNews 0 1st February 2018 05:39
Trump blames China for Democratic Party hack Stefan Mileschin WebNews 0 2nd May 2017 11:45
Symantec to buy identity protection firm with checkered past Stefan Mileschin WebNews 0 23rd November 2016 06:16
Putin denies Democratic party hack Stefan Mileschin WebNews 0 6th September 2016 05:57
Russians behind Democratic party hack Stefan Mileschin WebNews 0 29th July 2016 13:51
Twitter will livestream the Democratic and Republican conventions Stefan Mileschin WebNews 0 15th July 2016 05:49