It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Creative driver debacle rumbles on Creative driver debacle rumbles on
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Creative driver debacle rumbles on

Old 31st March 2008, 10:44   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Creative driver debacle rumbles on

You might not find it so surprising the company doesn't product much in the way of Linux driver support, not all companies do, but more surprising is the quality of support offered for the mass-market operating systems used on the majority of new consumer PCs -Windows Vista.

The driver packages on offer for various Creative products are so poor, that a lone hero by the name of 'Daniel_K' has produced a variety of altered drivers and packages that allow users to utilise their cards successfully on Vista, without a sub-standard feature set and continuous crashing. Finally, after allowing Daniel_K to offer this service to Creative customers for a lenghty period - something Creative should have been doing from the start - a Creative spokes person demanded the user removed all links to his packages and stopped posting any more.

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...driver-debacle
Old 1st April 2008, 06:56   #2
FireTech

While you have to agree that some of the things Daniel_K has done are legally incorrect, you also have to agree Creative have created (excuse the pun) this situation through their poor support system and then handled the 'Daniel_K' isssue very badly.
An absolute PR disaster for them and so easily avoidable.
Old 1st April 2008, 08:06   #3
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

I still can't use my Audigy 2 ZS Pro in my K8 system with Creative drivers... if I do: crash, bluescreen, audio "plops"...
only with KXdrivers I can get it to work... without EAX.