It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Bladerunners homemade waterblock Bladerunners homemade waterblock
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bladerunners homemade waterblock

Old 3rd August 2003, 12:50   #11
[M] Reviewer/HWBot *****

RichBa5tard Freshly Registered

Welcome to our forum, Bladerunner.

Your schematic shows a great way to divide the relativly cold water from the cpu in 4 to the other parts of your system. Great job!

One question: do you never get tired of working hours to just switch one broken/outdated (eh, 2 months old) component? I'm selling my H²O setup, because testing another videocard/mb/cpu ment draining the fluid, detaching tubes, ... Maybe when i've got plenty space & time again i'll start h²o cooling again. It's been a great experience...

- edit -
None of your pics show a rad, how do you cool your fluid?
RichBa5tard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2003, 15:04   #12
BladeRunner

In my set-up the CPU block adds less than 0.5C to the water-temp in one pass, so the fact the other, (less import), blocks get output from the CPU block will make no noticeable difference as far as I can see.

sometimes I get fed up with it when there is some problems or I make mistakes reconnecting it but mostly I enjoy fiddling with it all. With the way I run the tubes and the thinner fetso fittings on all other system blocks, I can always get the VGA card out of the slot and far enough away from the PC so i can fit another, (with standard cooling), if need be without having to disconnect the water system.

Up till two days ago I've been using a 100 litre tank mounted 8 foot underground, (a schematic HERE with more about it on my site via the stealth cooling link), and it gives about 12C to 16C coolant temps depending on time of year. However an imminent house move means for now I'm using a very big rad, (with no fan atm), more on that HERE
Old 3rd August 2003, 17:17   #13
CCW

What temp does that block keep your processor at please and at what voltage and speed?

Thanks,
Craig
Old 3rd August 2003, 18:13   #14
BladeRunner

Not sure how useful this type of information really is, as it's open to all manor of possible reporting errors etc, but I'll give you the here & now.

CPU = XP 2500 Barton @ 2400mhz 1.95v

PC room ambient = 30.0C

Rad ambient = 25.5C (mounted in a cooler place with desk fan now blowing at it on low setting).

PC Inflow Water temp = 27.2C / PC Outflow water temp = 28.0C

CPU temp = 35C underload reported in MBM5, using socket diode with it bent to better contact the backside of the CPU, along with thermal paste on the tip
Old 3rd August 2003, 19:13   #15
CCW

Nice, thanks for that, nice block
Old 4th August 2003, 00:04   #16
vegeta

bladerunner are u selling your old blocks
btw: do u have a cnc machine @ home
Old 4th August 2003, 09:10   #17
BladeRunner

I'm keeping all the one offs I make for the moment, but will hopefully be trying to make some limited production coolers in the future. Looking into the best ways to make them as true to my one offs as possible for others to buy.

No CNC at the min, but I want one. I'm using a basic but good hand wheel mill for the major machining, the finishing is done by hand with files, silicon carbide paper, T-cut polish, elbow grease etc. Details of the mill and finishing process are in the articles on my site

www.zerofanzone.co.uk
Old 4th August 2003, 11:37   #18
vegeta

the mill machine looks very nifty
but where do you get al those barbs, the "innovatec-style" ones ?
Old 4th August 2003, 12:13   #19
The Entity

it's very nice done
the watercooled psu is also very nice

btw bladerunner, do you maybe make those coolingblocks on demand?
Old 4th August 2003, 13:09   #20
BladeRunner

The mill appears to go under a lot of different names in various parts of the world, Mine was a Sip 30, But Enco & Rong Fu are others that appear the same as is one Machine Mart sell.

Was given this link the other day where some one has made the Enco version mill into a CNC. A lot of work but nice results, check it out Here to get a movie of it in action go Here.

The Push fits are made By Festo, and sourced locally, I've also used some made by Norgren, but there are many other makes.