It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
ATI Setting the Record Straight: Leaked R520 benchmarks ATI Setting the Record Straight: Leaked R520 benchmarks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ATI Setting the Record Straight: Leaked R520 benchmarks

Old 19th September 2005, 18:10   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default ATI Setting the Record Straight

Traditionally, I don't post in this forum.

Although I have massive respect for the work that goes on with Beyond3D - I always feel that the forum is best left to enthusiasts in the general public as well as the hardcore technologists from ATI and other organisations.

However, the ‘Hardware Analysis thread’ brought up several issues that I am not about to ignore and I want to set the record straight.

Firstly, at ATI we always try to work to the highest standards of professionalism and honesty possible. We have an open relationship with all of the press across the globe and we never shy away from tough questions.

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=152
Old 19th September 2005, 18:14   #2
Madshrimp

this topic is mostly about this pre-release review done by Hardware Analysis http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1813/
Old 19th September 2005, 18:30   #3

Sidney Freshly Registered

Conclusion -

ATI should have invited [M]; despite the fact that we may have scheduling conflicts and may not be able to attend.

Conclusion -

Having a name spelled with MAD, it is not a matter of character but with deep passion in doing what we love most.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2005, 18:34   #4
Madshrimp

I would fly to Ibiza to attend the party
Old 19th September 2005, 19:35   #5
Madshrimp

Quote:
Vapor-Hardware Analysis:
Sander Sassen of HardwareAnalysis.com looks as if he might have gotten caught putting out a video card "review" of a product he never had. DriverHeaven has a good write-up for those not wishing to read a novel. It does seem that Sander feels as though his opinion of ATI impacts the world market though. This is what he had to say after he was excluded from an ATI event.

So you're telling me I'm not invited is that it? I feel an ATI column coming up, lets see if we can drop the stock price shall we?

You can find Sander’s recap of the events here. And you can even find ATI responding about the situation.

I was one of the first people to hire Sander back in the late 90's. We split ways after he concocted and idea that I had stolen his heatsink designs and sold it to the Taiwanese. To this day I still have never figured out what exactly got him thinking that. It is sad that Hardware Analysis has sunken to the level that it has. They used to be a good site to visit. I have to say that many times I did not agree with Sander’s opinion on hardware, but it is always a good thing to see something from another point of view. Now you have to wonder how many times his point of view was totally unfounded.

Undoubtedly, with so many hardware websites active, it is hard to be first at anything anymore, especially if you "play by the rules." That said, we made up our minds a long time ago that we would rather be right than first when it comes to debut hardware. And while some sites have no credibility as they are fall directly into the tabloid category, it is not them that worry me. Most people can look at those sites and know fully that they deal more in rumor mongering and fiction writing than much anything else. Sites like Hardware Analysis crossing the line do a ton more damage to the industry. I would hope you would be getting solid information from someone like Sander, but apparently that may not be the case. Interestingly enough, TheInquirer refers to Sander Sassen as, “OUR GOOD colleague.”

Now is the time for Sander to buck up and take his licks before he digs a really big hole that his small website will never have the power to get out of. And on this, I speak from experience.
from Kyle@[H]
Old 19th September 2005, 19:55   #6
Madshrimp

more Drama here: http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1814.1/
Old 19th September 2005, 20:13   #7
Madshrimp

this one is a nice find
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=151
Old 19th September 2005, 20:17   #8
[M] Reviewer

piotke Freshly Registered

Yet another internet soap...

Just as the dot.com companies, a soap bubble.
Old 19th September 2005, 20:26   #9
Madshrimp

and that last post is bursted also.. because
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=249

leaked boards are Rev02, final is Rev05
Old 19th September 2005, 20:29   #10

Sidney Freshly Registered

Stock price has absolutely nothing to do with what product review sites say; believe me, I have been in the stock market since 1970 before the original oil price B/S. The current ATI stock value is the result of investors way of looking into ATI earning which comes from not gamers market.

As such, this is good for ATI for some free publicity, thanks to Sander. In fact, ATI stock is in pretty nice value buy range, unlike Nvidia at over $30.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote