It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > General Madness - System Building Advice
suggestions please suggestions please
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

suggestions please
Closed Thread

Old 2nd November 2005, 15:58   #1
dannyisnow

Default suggestions please

Hey.. First of all im new here and quite excited to be part of the forum. Anyways i shall post my mods a bit later on and get a few tips and tutorials up.

Anyway I'm trying something a little different to anything ive ever seen or tried. Basically my parents bought a new flatscreen lcd tv , and i was thinking, would'nt it look cool if i could mount a few cold cathodes round the back . I could just run the cathodes from my psu power.. not very practical.... ( or very fun lol ). What i want to do is run the cathodes of its own mains adapter. ( bare in mind im from uk so different mains adapters to us) I've never tried anything like this so any advice would be much appreciated.

I'm guessing the cathodes run at 12volts 20 watt.... so would it be possible to run the cathodes off a 12v 3pin standard uk mains adapter ? with a bit of soldering and electrical tape ??

Anywayz hope all that makes sense lol .

Cheers ,
danny..

Old 3rd November 2005, 18:25   #2
FreeStyler

If it gives 12V DC (give or take a few V) I'll work.
The adapter will do the conversion anyway. (UK is in the 220 range just like the rest of europe I tought)

Closed Thread