It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > General Madness - System Building Advice
Reboot Ahoy : 340watt not enough? Reboot Ahoy : 340watt not enough?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reboot Ahoy : 340watt not enough?
Closed Thread

Old 30th November 2002, 00:30   #11
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

changed the PSU
under load the 12v line is around 11.85v

P4 2.26@1.5v remained stable for... hmm let's say... 5min?

damnit, I'm afraid it IS the CPU that is causing all the troubles
Old 30th November 2002, 00:44   #12
[M] Reviewer

biCker Freshly Registered

just checked my antec 550w, 2.26@ default: 12v = 11.80V on mbm with almost no 12v consuming devices attached and no probs...
Old 30th November 2002, 00:54   #13
Madshrimp

I don't think it is the PSU

damn, P4 "naar de zak"
Old 30th November 2002, 09:43   #14
TeuS

Quote:
Originally posted by jmke
I don't think it is the PSU

damn, P4 "naar de zak"
contact el general

Old 30th November 2002, 16:47   #15
Madshrimp

just put in a P4 1.8Ghz

stable as hell

will send CPU direct to Intel, it was boxed so It has full 3 year warranty
Old 30th November 2002, 18:02   #16
ModdiN MansoN

WARNING !

do not thrust The General, I know/knew him personally (he used to work in the same firm as me) and I'm not lying when I tell you that more than half the stuff he sells is "found" if you know what I mean

(and he is no networkengineer or whatever, he's what we call in flemish, een "leercontracter", earns only €350/month and "his" MG, is his mother's)

Old 30th November 2002, 18:14   #17
TeuS

Quote:
Originally posted by ModdiN MansoN
WARNING !

do not thrust The General, I know/knew him personally (he used to work in the same firm as me) and I'm not lying when I tell you that more than half the stuff he sells is "found" if you know what I mean

(and he is no networkengineer or whatever, he's what we call in flemish, een "leercontracter", earns only €350/month and "his" MG, is his mother's)
just bought 512 Mb DDR from him at a good price,
he sold some of 128mb and 256 I think, but ordered a stick of 512mb for me. stealing on command?
ffs, i gave my word saturday (read: i would buy it when i got the cash) and tuesday he already started stresstesting it
a trainee? I don't really believe that

or it's just a guy that pretends more then he really is? a gay who wants to be 'de stoeren' ?
strange...

mot: i knew that teh way of getting me the memory so cheap wasn't really legal... but messing with the state (this is belgium after all) != stealing from his colleagues!

Old 30th November 2002, 18:34   #18
ModdiN MansoN

I know it sounds a bit "overdreven" what I say, but it is all true, believe it or not, I was his best friend for about a year, the guy lives in an imaginary world, wich even he believes to be real sometimes. his life is filled with lies, never, in my whole life, have I met anyone else like him, his constant lying is the main reason why I have cut all contact with him (luckily he no longer works with us anymore).
I am 100% sure that he has some kind of mental problem and needs professional help.

this was my last post in this thread, for further info, pm or mail me

ps. sorry to have messed up your thread jmke

Old 30th November 2002, 18:48   #19
TeuS

Quote:
Originally posted by ModdiN MansoN
the guy lives in an imaginary world, wich even he believes to be real sometimes. his life is filled with lies, never, in my whole life, have I met anyone else like him, his constant lying is the main reason why I have cut all contact with him (luckily he no longer works with us anymore).
I am 100% sure that he has some kind of mental problem and needs professional help.
i could have thought
back ontopic now

ps: http://www.majstro.com/Web/Majstro/d...p?gebrTaal=dut

Old 30th November 2002, 21:01   #20
Zinzin

i installed the antec psu. The only difference with the enermax is, it's even more quiet now...
Apperently the enermax coped well enough with the P4 and co.
I'm thinking now even more the readings of the mobo are mistaken, or else it's got a serious power problem !

Off-topic: I can't say I have great thoughts of the general, but meeting him in person, he made a good & reliable impression on me. That was only once & for a short period...
Someone else on this forum however, blew it quite nicely for me. But that would be taking this even more off-topic. I can only advise everyone to ask for the €'s needed (and the full amount) when selling something.

Closed Thread