It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > General Madness - System Building Advice
First Build First Build
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

First Build
Closed Thread

Old 28th August 2005, 22:07   #11
Nessmaster

Damn! This is a hard choice! I need some more thinking over this...

Until then can you please help me find a good case?

Old 28th August 2005, 22:07   #12
[M] Reviewer

piotke Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Nessmaster

The paying more is only $5 if I am looking at the prices correctly. As for the performance being weaker in the ATI, I don't believe they are. But you almost had me change my mind. I would have sureley choosen the 7800GT if I wouldn't have found the ATI.
Lol, you come for advise but you are hard headed....

JMke wasn't giving his opninion, he was giving cold hard facts. With the introduction of the 7800GT, the latest nvidia power has become payable. And right now, it's the best choice..
Old 28th August 2005, 22:13   #13
Nessmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by piotke

Lol, you come for advise but you are hard headed....

JMke wasn't giving his opninion, he was giving cold hard facts. With the introduction of the 7800GT, the latest nvidia power has become payable. And right now, it's the best choice..
Ok, ok! I get it, it's just so hard to let go of the ATI

Oh well, not like this is a laptop anymore, soon as I have enough money and ATI comes out with their newer model I can always upgrade....

So enough with the GPU, any advice on the case please?

Old 29th August 2005, 00:14   #14
Nessmaster

So how do I know how many and what type of ports my case will need at the front of it? I mean my MOBO has 3x onboard USB, and 1x onboard Firewire. So does onboard mean I will have 3 USB ports and one firewire at the front?

Old 29th August 2005, 00:21   #15
[M] Reviewer

You have onboard and onboard.

* Onboard on the backplate of your mainboard (I/O header). That are normally 4 USB ports you can just use.

*Secondly you have the headers on the mainboard print itself. You can connect extra brackets to use them, or don't use them, or conect them to the front USB of your case.
It has nothing to do with your mainboard, but only with your case, when it comes to front USB.

Concerning the correct case for you, I can't help you. I almost never use a case

http://meloen.be/ROOM/P1010026.JPG
http://meloen.be/ROOM/P1010027.JPG
Old 29th August 2005, 00:42   #16
Nessmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by piotke
You have onboard and onboard.

* Onboard on the backplate of your mainboard (I/O header). That are normally 4 USB ports you can just use.

*Secondly you have the headers on the mainboard print itself. You can connect extra brackets to use them, or don't use them, or conect them to the front USB of your case.
It has nothing to do with your mainboard, but only with your case, when it comes to front USB.

Concerning the correct case for you, I can't help you. I almost never use a case

http://meloen.be/ROOM/P1010026.JPG
http://meloen.be/ROOM/P1010027.JPG
WOW! Doesn't your CPU/GPU/Northbridge overheat?

Also...

So what you are saying is that whatever case I buy, as long as it's compatible with my MOBO (ATX) it should fit in just fine?

Old 29th August 2005, 00:59   #17
[M] Reviewer

You can't buy a case that won't fit your mainboar nowadays. (exept for the very small cases, but that's logocal).

Just make a coiche of some you like visually, and search for reviews. If there are any hidden bad things or something.
Old 29th August 2005, 01:09   #18
Nessmaster

*Sigh* You don't know how much preasure that takes of my back. Lol, I should have known. Anyway, thanks a BUNCH guys! I hope the nvidia GPU works out better, and who knows, maybe I will buy a second one and hook it up as well considering my MOBO can support it. I also decided to get Cooler Master Blue Ice Northbridge Heatsink/Fan that was being reviewd on the front page.

I will post any more info or complications here. Thanks again....

Old 29th August 2005, 01:41   #19
Nessmaster

Just one more thing lol,

What is the difference between 5.25" drive bays and 3.5" drive bays? What are each ones used for?

Old 29th August 2005, 08:13   #20
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

5.25" is DVD/CD , 3.5" HDD, exactly as you mentioned in your first post.

internal 3.5" bays are the ones you can't see from the front, the external 3.5" bays are mostly used by floppies and memory card readers. They are all "internal" to the case, but the external-tag means you can see the bays from the front.