It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
Radiator Opel Vectra Radiator Opel Vectra
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Radiator Opel Vectra
Closed Thread

Old 10th March 2005, 19:44   #31

jort Freshly Registered

after some cleaning

Old 10th March 2005, 19:51   #32
Desert Eagle

Wohoo, nice radiator!
I can tell you its an excellent performer!

And you can easy solder some 15mm-1/2" copper tubings on it (fits perfect to those 15 mm tubes)

Old 9th April 2005, 18:30   #33
Liquid3D

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert Eagle
Temps are 34° idle and 46/47 stressed, with a 120mm fan on top of it.
I put the rad extern, on top of my case, and the 120mm fan is sucking air tru it.
So yes, the other radiator is beaten. Temp idle with that radiator was 39/40° idle and going up to 50/52° stressed.

So still not perfect, but good enough until now.

Still testing on my pelt cooling, but i don't post the results until i'm satisfied with them.
I sense there's something wrong somewhere in your system. Have you checked the mounting of your waterblock? I have the feeling it's tightened down too far on one side which would contribute to such high temps. With that radiator your temps should be much lower. Heck even running that babay Passive you should be under 45C stressed. Your only trying to extirpate about 90W to 130W out of the water?

Old 17th April 2005, 06:26   #34
GotGAME

wow u guys seem like Newton when it comes to modding radiators lol. I sure as hell would post here for advice if i ever decide to have a custom radiator.

Old 3rd May 2005, 15:33   #35
XR750

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert Eagle
Temps are 34° idle and 46/47 stressed, with a 120mm fan on top of it.
I put the rad extern, on top of my case, and the 120mm fan is sucking air tru it.
So yes, the other radiator is beaten. Temp idle with that radiator was 39/40° idle and going up to 50/52° stressed.

So still not perfect, but good enough until now.

Still testing on my pelt cooling, but i don't post the results until i'm satisfied with them.
120mm fan is not ideal to move air thru a core that size the squirrel cage fan that used to move air thru it in the car would give you some hint. with the right fan theres no way a CPU well over heat . everybody thinks 120mm are ideal but they are not.

Old 3rd May 2005, 15:39   #36
XR750

sportbikes radiator are nice too but hard to find cheap they have a shroud and powerfull fan "a bit loud" but if RPM are turn down it might get quiter and still pull a lot more air than a 120mm fan . but this have bigger than 1/2 hose.

Old 4th May 2005, 19:24   #37
Desert Eagle

If I got time, I replace it with 4*80mm fan.

Old 4th May 2005, 19:48   #38
XR750

4 x 80mm Aero cool X blaster at 4000RPM is just as loud as hurricane Andrew when it came by here .

Old 4th May 2005, 21:56   #39
Desert Eagle

4*Zalman ZM-F + RC-56
only 20db

Old 5th May 2005, 22:30   #40
djivesp

Man, that is a sexy rad !!!

Im using 2 oil coolers from toyota celicas - screwed together - working fine (aluminium tho :/ )
i think about 15cm x 20cm

experimenting with fans at the moment - i have cut my cheapo 120mm fan from the surround and extended the blades with some thin plastic off some packaging (with superglue) - seems to push more air over a wider area, while spinning slower at 12V - so theres something you can try!

just trying to figure out how to mount the bugger to the rad now :/

Closed Thread