It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
*dutch*Dry Ice run @ 5 april*dutch* *dutch*Dry Ice run @ 5 april*dutch*
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

*dutch*Dry Ice run @ 5 april*dutch*
Closed Thread

Old 6th April 2005, 22:35   #171

jort Freshly Registered

hey glad to see you back online

dfi :grin: windows:grin:

got mobo out of oven and its working back

installing windows, w'll be ready in 30min
Old 6th April 2005, 23:06   #172
MatthiasVB

my crazy dfi hase again bleu screens en faals out!

i hate that mobo now!

Old 6th April 2005, 23:49   #173

jort Freshly Registered

suicide

validation
Old 7th April 2005, 01:12   #174

jort Freshly Registered
Default Dry ice Party results and pics

AMD Athlon FX-55 (Stepping CAA2C 0509DPMW)
DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
OCZ Powerstream 600 Watt PSU
OCZ EL Platinum1GB kit 3200 VX
Custom-Made Heatsink Pipe(dry ice container)

3384.6 Mhz 13x260.4 2-2-2-7

3414 Mhz 13x262.6 2-2-2-7

suicide @ 3640 Mhz 13x280 1.92V

3692 Mhz 17x217.22 1.92V

Highest suicide screen of cpu-z on 2693 Mhz

262 Mhz was max we could get out of this memory, it was brandnew so not burned in.
We pushed 3.4V true it, when we pushed 3.5 or 3.6V memtest86 gave errors

The cpu clocked above our expectations because its an FX-55 with a new stepping.
The FX-55 reached the highest stable clocks at 1.92 vcore , more or less gave us unstable clocks.

These score's are all untweaked, because sefferal new windows installation and problems with the internet so we couldn'd look up the tweaks.

This was the first time we did something like this. First we had to find the max of the cpu and the memory and then the SLi working.
We got it working this afternoon but when everything was set to go, 3dmark05 was craching like hell.
We learned well from this lesson and w'll do better next time

I would like to thank www.hofline.com for sponsering the hardware that we used for this attempt
See ya around
Old 7th April 2005, 03:59   #175
kristos

When booting up, we were greeted with this lovely image. I'll give you the short version of what it says:
funky gpu detected, you'll pay for this, I'm going to give you hell!!

If funky is what you want, funky is what you get and this is about as funky as it gets

Here you can see my 3 stooges doing what they do best: following my orders One to hold the hard disk drive, one to hold the dvd-rom drive, and one to type and click for me. Is this cool or what :feesten:

Jort hacking away at those poor chunks of dry ice, getting out all his frustrations from the previous day:

Jort as always turns to me for my professional guidance and expertise =-). You can just read the words spelled out on his face: "It won't boot! What do I do now?"

Switch on the power supply offcourse (just kidding folks )

Find the magic number =-):

minimus eruptus... or maybe it's just one of the hold down screws that froze over :

A nice thick coat of ice that had formed around the copper base kept out of harms way by a thick layer of Armaflex. This stuff is 10 times better then that wich you get in the Brico :

This picture really does not do any justice to the conditions we were benching in the night before. We were sitting outside in 4°C with nothing but our pullovers(?) and our amd sponsored hats to keep us warm, testing the memory and cpu on Jort's Neo2 because we were having no luck at all with the DFI NF4. Me and Jort called it a night at about 3am and confiscated just about all the blankets and believe me, there were a lot, all the sleeping bags and the only matrass. The rest came in at around 6 o clock in the morning. The 4 of them had to share one blanket, 1 sleeping bag, 1 very thin inflatable capmping matrass and a foam undermatrass... needles to say, they gave up after half an hour and thus pullen and all nighter You wouldn't say by the look on Troid/Metreox 's face now would you :grin::

Jort already posted all the screens that count. This one you'll just have to our word for: This was the absolute maximum we got out of it. No longer screenshot stable, it wasn't even cpuz validate stable One click further on the clockgen HTT bar caused the system to lock up:

On this picture you can already see a small circular form of frost forming. This picture was taken only seconds after the Armaflex was removed from the back of the board but I was too late to take a picture. If I would have been in time, you would NOT have seen any type of frost; it was that well isolated. All of this in great contrast to the previous day when frost was forming in even the most unlikely places and as we believe, eventually caused the DFI to stop functioning:

On the first day it was as if all the forces in the world tried to stop me from going to this Dry Ice party, culminating in my car braking down, wich we were able to fix luckily and in a way that above else made me feel "hardcore" (you'll understand when computer_xp has uploaded the pics )
But... I had a wonderfull time, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank both Jort, who has spared time nor effort to make this Dry Ice party to the wonderfull experience it was, and Hofline for sponsoring such an amazing but (wispelturige) setup. The FX-55 turned out to be a real gem and the DFI did manage to convince me of it's capabilities on day 2. Even the VX worked pretty darn well just the XFX 6800 GT's in SLi were a major disappointment.

PS: the odd windows features you see in the first 2 screenshots were not the result of a fuxored windows but due to the 4 nightly horseman that couldn't catch their sleep

Old 7th April 2005, 06:55   #176
[M] Reviewer

Gamer Freshly Registered

all in all a good result, maybe you'll need one more day
Old 7th April 2005, 08:23   #177

Bosw8er Freshly Registered

Love the effort, style and endurance !

RSEPECT !!
Old 7th April 2005, 08:25   #178
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

TV appearance was
Old 7th April 2005, 09:35   #179
TranCe-

supr guys, nice pics, nice performance...
looks like fun to me

Old 7th April 2005, 13:36   #180
s1[]v[]0n

Next time, I'm going to make a good athlon xp rig, with a good motherboard and I'll bring a sleeping bag :grr:
Thanx jort, for the wonderful dry ice run you gave us, see you next time! (or tomorrow )

Closed Thread