It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
Thermaltake Kandalf Aluminum Tower Review Thermaltake Kandalf Aluminum Tower Review
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thermaltake Kandalf Aluminum Tower Review

Old 4th July 2005, 11:40   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Thermaltake Kandalf Aluminum Tower Review

Thermaltake has been involved in a wild orgy of innovation. Strewn on the CADCAM floor are scraps of aluminum, aluminum and more aluminum, and I donīt mean Coke cans (well maybe a few JOLT). Their cases of late have been most impressive integrating art and science. They are getting taller, yet lighter, more complicated in their thermal efficiency, yet easier to use, and their latest effort has the combined fan power so it moves around the room if itīs empty. Today we test what I consider to be a crowning achievement in case design: Kandalf. Itīs the ideal of ergonomics and sculpted aluminum, don't tell anyone but I slept in mine the first night I had it.

http://www.madshrimps.be/gotoartik.php?articID=339
Old 4th July 2005, 11:53   #2
StaRflaM

the case looks better without the front panel in my opinion

nice review
Old 4th July 2005, 20:08   #3
lits

Thermaltake and innovation in the same sentence. Serious crack abuse...

Golden Orb II and CNPS7xxx
Tsunami and Wavemaster
Armor and Stacker

Innovation ?
Adding some ugly looking leds ?
Old 4th July 2005, 20:18   #4
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

The "Orb" series of TT was first on the market, although it did not have quite such a succes

it's true that their current products look too familiar with other already known products from competitors to call it "unique" or "innovative"

do note that the opinions expressed in the review are those of the author; who has not worked with Coolermaster before as far as I know
Old 4th July 2005, 23:02   #5
FreeStyler

well my idea also is that the stacker rules big time.

I should really get around to writing an article on it.
Old 5th July 2005, 03:13   #6
goingpostale1

The stacker is good stuff, my friend has one but its about as heavy as my full tower server case. Props to Tt for at least giving the option of aluminum ( I haven't seen an Aluminum Stacker). Aluminum is huge if you attend LANs especially huge ones (www.millionmanlan.com).
Old 5th July 2005, 19:47   #7
FreeStyler

The stacker is a steel construction with alu sides and front (altough the front is so thick it won't save a lot of weight)
This is a good compromise, you get the strength of a steel case, but not quite as heavy. after all the sides do nothing but cover the interior.

And as for alu casing, I had a Lian-Li PC60 slightly modded off course, but I reverted to my good ol' chiefftech medium case. If only the chieftechs medium alu case would come without a door...
Old 6th July 2005, 11:49   #8
GIBSON

does the alu really make a lot of difference? i'm getting an armor, and i like the black more than the silver, but black is only available in steel, not in alu

and about the innovation thing, i think they did pretty well, and besides, it's a pc case for god sakes, of course they look a like, they're supposed to look a like, so everything fits like it should
Old 6th July 2005, 11:52   #9
Rutar

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeStyler
And as for alu casing, I had a Lian-Li PC60 slightly modded off course, but I reverted to my good ol' chiefftech medium case. If only the chieftechs medium alu case would come without a door... [/b]
yep, those dam doors make plenty of cases unbuyable