It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
Razer Taipan Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse Review Razer Taipan Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse Review
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Razer Taipan Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse Review

Old 21st November 2012, 11:53   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Razer Taipan Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse Review

The new Taipan ambidextrous mouse from Razer weights no more than 132 grams, comes with a high performance 4G Dual Sensor System with 8200DPI and makes use of the Razer Synapse 2.0 software for easy customization of the 9 programmable Hyperesponse buttons.

http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/article/1000365/
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 15:14   #2
Skidmarks

Nice review although in my experience the hard plastic surface of a mouse tends to show wear & tear a lot sooner than a good quality rubber coating. I guess grained plastic surface is used to restrain costs
Old 22nd November 2012, 08:55   #3
[M] Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmarks View Post
Nice review although in my experience the hard plastic surface of a mouse tends to show wear & tear a lot sooner than a good quality rubber coating. I guess grained plastic surface is used to restrain costs
Thanks for the comment; you may be right, but the thing is I did not have a lot of good experiences till now with rubber coated mice, most of them accumulating oil and lint in about a week, which is really hard to remove.
Old 22nd November 2012, 16:31   #4
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

I'm testing another Razer mouse, that one has different software? each mouse has different software to be configured? that's not very efficient
Old 23rd November 2012, 01:36   #5
Omega5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmke
I'm testing another Razer mouse, that one has different software? each mouse has different software to be configured? that's not very efficient
That'd be because you're using one of the slightly older generations of hardware... only the very newly released versions use Synapse2. Feedback on Synapse2 doesn't seem too overly positive from some corners especially considering to use anything above basic functionality of the device you have to be online and sign up with Razer initially before it'll function fully.
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:00   #6
[M] Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmke View Post
Hey John, Synapse 2.0 is a very close concept to the SteelSeries Engine, but this one has the Internet connection mandatory since we need to create an username with password for logging in and only after that the type of mouse will be detected and specific software download will start. Also, the profiles you save will be uploaded in the cloud.
Old 23rd November 2012, 12:13   #7
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

aj
I remember reading something about their servers being offline and new users not able to configure the mouse extra features/buttons