It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Site & Forum Feedback - Folding@Home
Give-away people with zero out ? Give-away people with zero out ?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Give-away people with zero out ?
View Poll Results: welke pepdrank?
20cl red bull @ €2 2 15.38%
20cl golden power @ €1 5 38.46%
ander...or I dont care 6 46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 14th April 2003, 12:57   #1

Bosw8er Freshly Registered
Default Give-away people with zero out ?

Stats last week - stats now

Do we leave the people with zero production last week out or in the calculations for our give-away ?
Old 14th April 2003, 13:13   #2
runob

Hey stats are stats, don't see why the system should change for this occasion. In the past idle ppl were also in the stats and the rules did not state that only active ppl would be entered in the ranking. A lame counterargument would be to state that the ending should have been at midnight (I had at least 3 WU's outputting within an hour, by tonight I would have risen around 14 places). From the beginning I knew it would be hard for me since I don't have the latest PIV pc but I learned from the power of distributed computing. And I feared that someone like bokkepoot would fetch this opportunity to go for the easy win. Luckily for me only one person had that idea and he only went up 8 places. But that were the rules and the risk I was willing to take. If I had a problem with that I would have stated it at the beginning of the competition and not afterwards to force some things.

Anyway that's my point of view. But in the end it's still Bosw8er's decision since it is his great giveaway =:)

PS: I really need a new HD for my second system, I even installed 0verf0ldix wich gave me the final push to win in a category

Old 14th April 2003, 13:20   #3

Bosw8er Freshly Registered

It's still a democracy, that's why i put in the poll.

I voted to count everyone as it is a team-effort. Looks like more people favour that.

Giving weak assed arguments, sending flowers, bribing ... will NOT increase your winning chances
Old 14th April 2003, 14:33   #4
bokkepoot

i could indeed go for the easy win, the reason i didn't do that is cuz i lost 3 WU's because i wanted to play battlefield although i think everyone should count...

Closed Thread