It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Tokyo report: Akihabara loses its lustre Tokyo report: Akihabara loses its lustre
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tokyo report: Akihabara loses its lustre

Old 19th July 2007, 15:27   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Tokyo report: Akihabara loses its lustre

AS SOMEONE visiting all the Far Eastern metropolises so often that I know the ins and outs of Hong Kong, Taipei, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo better than my old hometown Belgrade, I was taken by the allure of Akihabara long ago - at my first visit 14 years ago, to be precise. Back then, Made in Japan was not just a statement of product performance and quality (and extra price paid for it). Lots of gadgets were still actually made there. Talk about high end Sony Walkman, an Aiwa hi fi set, or of course hard disks, printers and monitors, among many others.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=41106
Old 19th July 2007, 19:22   #2

Sidney Freshly Registered

The power of the "rising sun" shined a little less before 1993; (2007 minus 14). Ask LA residence the price of realestate dropped in the late 80's

Most of PC users could not afford owning one if they are made in Japan. Let's not forget Dell PCs were assembled in Mexico for a long time. It is the switch of tech from Japan to Taiwan, then to China. Most of CEO running tech industry has engineering degrees (not business degrees) at average age of 56 is telling you something.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote