It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Tim Cook: 'I want there to be' Apple products made in America Tim Cook: 'I want there to be' Apple products made in America
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tim Cook: 'I want there to be' Apple products made in America

Old 30th May 2012, 07:48   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Tim Cook: 'I want there to be' Apple products made in America

Apple CEO Tim Cook is currently being interviewed by AllThingsD's Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg, and took time to answer the question of whether or not Apple is interested in manufacturing any of its products domestically. While pointing out that it does source components locally, including glass for the iPhone made in Kentucky as well as CPUs for the iPhone and iPad made in Austin, Texas by Samsung, Cook indicated he "hopes" final assembly could be done in the US. Initially repeating "I want there to be [manufacturing in America]," he closed with "we will do as many of these things as we can do [in America], and you can bet that we'll use our influence to do it." Check out our liveblog for all the quotes on this and more, unless of course you're already planning a trip through the rolling hills of Kentucky to stock up on back glass for your iPhone.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/29/c...de-in-america/
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote