It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Thermaltake Frio CPU Heatsink review Thermaltake Frio CPU Heatsink review
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thermaltake Frio CPU Heatsink review

Old 22nd April 2010, 14:16   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Thermaltake Frio CPU Heatsink review

I will be absolutely honest here. As a silent PC enthusiast, we don't normally take Thermaltake seriously all the time. While it is undeniable that Thermaltake is probably one of the largest players specializing in computer thermal management components and beyond, the focus of their products are typically more value oriented rather than focusing on ultimate silence or overclocking performance. In the past, we definitely liked the Thermaltake Aguila computer case, and power supplies such has the Thermaltake Toughpower Cable Management 650W also delivered superior performance at low audible noise levels. But let's not forget the Thermatale RX-K8 heatsink way back then, which, to be honest, isn't quite a brilliant product, haha. That said, the Thermaltake Silent 1156 one of our Technical Editors Anthony Kwan recently reviewed delivered generally good performance at a very affordable price tag. When Thermaltake asked if I wanted to take a look at their latest creation, the Thermaltake Frio cooler, it really got me interested. Featuring a total of five wide diameter 8 mm U-shaped heatpipes, swappable fans, and what appears to be a solid design, I won't even try to deny the fact that I am extremely excited to give it a shot and see how it performs in the real world. Is the Thermaltake Frio a high performance cooler that will appeal to overclockers and silent PC enthusiasts alike, or is it oversaturated 'just another heatsink' market? Does a cooler having a name that means 'cool' in Spanish translate accordingly to every other language? We have one tested here at APH Networks for you today!

http://aphnetworks.com/reviews/thermaltake_frio