It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Synology DS212 2-Bay NAS Review Synology DS212 2-Bay NAS Review
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Synology DS212 2-Bay NAS Review

Old 1st February 2012, 07:11   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Synology DS212 2-Bay NAS Review

The Synology products I've seen so far tend to excel in the ease of use category. I would be comfortable dropping a DS212 off at my mother's house and letting her sort the installation and connections. I couldn't say the same thing about the typical QNAP or Thecus products I've tested in the past. Those products are easy for TweakTown readers to setup, but nothing like the Synology DS212.

A large reason for that is the way Synology configures their software layer. The QNAP and Thecus products are more tech based while the DS212 is more laymen, like a toaster, you get a couple of dials and a big lever to pull before everything works exactly like you want it to. Users looking to go head on into technology bliss still have all the other options to fine tune their NAS appliance, but it isn't a requirement.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/453...iew/index.html
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote