It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Radeon Omega Drivers v2.5.76 (Cat 4.9) Radeon Omega Drivers v2.5.76 (Cat 4.9)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Radeon Omega Drivers v2.5.76 (Cat 4.9)

Old 22nd September 2004, 15:03   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Radeon Omega Drivers v2.5.76 (Cat 4.9)

The Omega Drivers for Windows 2k/XP based on the Catalyst 4.9 are ready, go get them in the ATI Radeon section. Make sure to see the readme for important details and changes.

What's New?

Based on the official Catalyst 4.9 drivers.
Removed ATITool from the package, it had many bugs and disabled a lot of stuff, like DVI support and DDC. If you have it installed, I recommend that you uninstall it before installing this set of drivers.
Re-Enabled Overclocking Anti-Protection, it was missing from last release, sorry.
Modified the ATI CP, now the Omega Drivers will use a built-in, special RadLinker version with the following features: (some new, some old)

Uses NO resources.
Some new settings for both D3D and OGL.
Can set Automatic Per-application profiles for OGL & D3D applications.
Desktop Gamma is working and NOT resetting to default after exiting a game.
Integrated Overclocking.
No need for Gamma Hotkeys anymore since you can now set an individual Gamma value for each game in their profile and done.
This new CP was made in conjunction with ChrisW, maker of Radlinker, as an exclusive feature for the Omega Drivers and we will keep adding features in future releases.

Modified driver installation/uninstall procedure with several new automatic features.
Since RadLinker is now a vital part of the Omega Drivers, it will not be an option to select during setup anymore, it will now automatically look for and uninstall ANY previous version and replace it with the new one.
Now, when uninstalling the Setup tools from the Omega options in the Start Menu, you will also have the option to uninstall the Display drivers in one pass.

Known bugs:

Laptop video playback problem still here, see notes.
Hibernation and Standby are not working properly, I'm working on a fix.

Important Notes:

1. Mobility users beware, these drivers don't support overlay video acceleration on some chipsets, specially in Sager notebooks with 9600 and 9700 Mobility cards. Other cards may be affected, but I haven't confirmed the bug on them. The last driver set that doesn't have this problem are my 2.5.44 drivers. Sorry for any inconveniences, I'm working on a fix for this matter, but all my tests show that this is an ATI related bug in the drivers and it doesn't have to do with any of the settings on my drivers.

2. CCC will work with the Omega Drivers, but is NOT recommended that you install it, all the functions found in CCC are already included with RadLinker Omega Edition or will be included in a near future as this new CP project develops.

3. The included Radlinker version in these drivers is NOT the one I was planning to release, the intended version will come soon in the form of an update to this set of drivers or in the next set based on the Cat 4.10.

http://www.omegadrivers.net/