It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
OCZ Announces EL PC-3200 Voltage eXtreme Gold Edition OCZ Announces EL PC-3200 Voltage eXtreme Gold Edition
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OCZ Announces EL PC-3200 Voltage eXtreme Gold Edition

Old 23rd November 2004, 17:25   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default OCZ Announces EL PC-3200 Voltage eXtreme Gold Edition

OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today announced the release of PC-3200 Voltage eXtreme Gold series memory, a ground-breaking line of high-performance DDR.

With the introduction of OCZ's PC-3200 EL Gold with Voltage eXtreme (VX) technology, users will be able to utilize computer memory in a way that outshines traditional DDR. Voltage eXtreme memory is designed to operate at a high voltage in order to increase the speed and stability that is usually unobtainable when conventional modules are pushed to run at a higher voltage. Typically, memory performance increases with voltage, but with many traditional modules this can significantly reduce stability and increase the potential for module damage. In contrast, VX DDR performance is enhanced as voltage is increased, without any adverse affects to stability whatsoever.

Running at the standard 2.6 volts, OCZ PC-3200 Gold VX already boasts 2-3-3 timings, but at 3.2 volts the memory is capable of blistering timings of 2-2-2! Additionally, the modules are more stable and exceed normal performance capabilities at the higher voltage setting.

Furthermore, the Gold VX family is also built with OCZ's renowned Enhanced Latency technology to facilitate lower latencies than normally possible on most standard memory modules. With the combination of the new Voltage eXtreme feature and the proprietary Enhanced Latency technology, OCZ has created the ultimate high-performance memory that thrives under high voltage.

"The VX series constitutes a special extremist series of modules specifically geared towards the high-end overclocking community with the necessary infrastructure in place to meet the power demands of these DIMMs," said Dr. Michael Schuette, Director of Technology Development at OCZ Technology. "These modules are not for the faint-hearted average user since they require memory supply voltages of at least 3.0V to unleash their full performance potential."

All OCZ memory is 100% hand-tested, includes toll-free technical support, and is backed by an industry-leading lifetime warranty. In addition, OCZ EL PC-3200 Gold VX modules include Extended Voltage Protection (EVP®) and are rated to handle up to an incredible 3.5V without invaliding the OCZ Lifetime Warranty.

For more information on the OCZ EL PC-3200 Voltage eXtreme Gold, please visit the product page here

About OCZ Technology Group

OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures innovative, high-performance memory and accessories that set industry standards. OCZ memory is the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance memory solutions. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. An index of suppliers carrying OCZ products can be found at: www.ocztechnology.com/wheretobuy
Old 25th November 2004, 17:35   #2
Bytes@Work

Reeds verkrijgbaar:

http://www.bytesatwork.be/shop/image...roductid=17642

:grin:
Old 25th November 2004, 17:36   #3
Madshrimp

send one in for review?
jmke@madshrimps.be
Old 25th November 2004, 17:39   #4
Bytes@Work

Quote:
Originally posted by jmke
send one in for review?
jmke@madshrimps.be
Ok

Moederbord line-up, when will it be online '' offtopic''
Old 25th November 2004, 17:40   #5
Madshrimp

Quote:
Originally posted by Bytes@Work
Moederbord line-up, when will it be online '' offtopic''

richbastard@madshrimps.be
Old 31st December 2004, 12:26   #6
Madshrimp

quote from XS ;

Quote:
Bigtoe-OCZ@XS:
Speed binning of VX ensure every module does at least 240fsb 2-2-2.
interesting info

the VX series works best on A64 motherboards, NF2 and Intel boards give worse results, sometimes not even passing 200Mhz at the tighest timings.

seems these sticks are based on Winbond UTT chips and they are also released by M-TEC, although not screened of course, according to OCZ about 20-30% of these sticks pass their internal screening process, so that's the same chance you will have of finding a quality pair of sticks if you go with M-Tec. M-Tec is the low-cost devision of TwinMos according to sources at XS.

A new TwinMOS Speed Premium will be released soon which will feature the same Chips, no info though on whether they are speed binned like OCZ's VX

there seems to be an issue on the MSI K8N Neo2 when using the 166 divider

Quote:
OPP@XS:
Well sure enough, I just tryed the 166 divider on MSI Neo2. The system was all FUBAR after 270HTT
Quote:
Bigtoe-OCZ@XS:
166 issue update.

We have programmed VX with a TCCD and EB spd and it made no difference...the modules still didn't like 166 mode.

We have a theory as to why but its best we work with bios engineers to see if we can resolve the issue.

So for now we are advising VX is best in 1:1 mode, some will do ok in 166 mode but your not going to see 300+HTT.

I have started asking if bios files can help, as soon as i know more i will post.

Heatspreaders = no good

Quote:
Last but not least, I ripped the heatspreaders off of my VX modules. Yes, I'm aware that I voided the warranty by doing so, but the warranty has been voided since day one considering I pushed up 3.8VDIMM on the first night. What did I gain by doing this? Max stable Memtest was 255MHz with the heatspreaders intact. A 2MHz gain isn't anything extreme. It doesn't even justify voiding a lifetime warranty. But I'll do anything for an increase in speed, even if it's just 2MHz. I'm just xtreme like that

and some weird results from OCZ themselves also:

Quote:
I think tonys point is that its PC-3200 and doing 2-2-2 at anything remotely near 500 is quite amazing by itself

Keep in mind sucess at overclocking is affected by so many things

for example I have 2 msi socket 939 motherboards in my personal lab , let me show you some results I got with a few pairs of PC-3200 rev 2 plat( max memtest stable speed 25 passes test 5 )

Kit # 1 board # 1 = 281
Kit # 1 board # 2 = 275

Kit #2 board # 1 = 273
Kit #2 board # 2 = 279

As you can see the results make no sense , just one CPU / board /PSU combo likes one pair better that the other

I am sure I could isolate the problem exactly given enough time , but we accept that things like room temp / electrical noise and so on vary.

Our solution to that problem is to build enough overhead into the products that its imposible not to mee the spec ( in this case the spec is 200 2-2-2 @ 3.3 volts )

this and more @ http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...0&page=1&pp=60