It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
The new MacBook keyboard is ruining my life The new MacBook keyboard is ruining my life
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The new MacBook keyboard is ruining my life

Old 19th October 2017, 19:05   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default The new MacBook keyboard is ruining my life

I was in the Grand Central Station Apple Store for a third time in a year, watching a progress bar slowly creep across my computer's black screen as my Genius multi-tasked helping another customer with her iPad. My computer was getting its third diagnostic test in 45 minutes. The problem was not that its logic board was failing, that its battery was dying, or that its camera didn't respond. There were no mysteriously faulty innerworkings. It was the spacebar. It was broken. And not even physically broken - it still moved and acted normally. But every time I pressed it once, it spaced twice. "Maybe it's a piece of dust," the Genius had offered. The previous times I'd been to the Apple Store for the same computer with the same problem - a misbehaving keyboard - Geniuses had said to me these exact same nonchalant words, and I had been stunned into silence, the first time because it seemed so improbable to blame such a core problem on such a small thing, and the second time because I couldn't believe the first time I was hearing this line that it was not a fluke. But this time, the third time, I was ready. "Hold on," I said. "If a single piece of dust lays the whole computer out, don't you think that's kind of a problem?" The keyboard on the MacBooks and MacBook Pros is an unmitigated disaster. In pursuit of thinness nobody else is looking for, Apple severely crippled its most important Mac product line - and that's even without taking the Touchbar into account.

http://osnews.com/story/30050/The_ne...uining_my_life
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote