It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Mini-ITX Project Part III - Linux PVR Mini-ITX Project Part III - Linux PVR
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mini-ITX Project Part III - Linux PVR

Old 24th March 2006, 11:06   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Mini-ITX Project Part III - Linux PVR

For the past few months I have been spending a lot of time using my Mini-ITX computer. This was originally a project system which I put together so that I would have something small and silent for my living room, on which I could do a few very basic tasks, like check my email and get on the internet. The first part of the project featured a system which booted Puppy Linux off of a flash USB drive, a solution which was simple and quiet, but not very powerful. In the second part of the project the system was given a new case, improved cooling, and it booted off of a LiveCD and could save to a CF card. As I used the system more I decided the best course of action would be to make a few more changes and increase the system's functionality, despite the impact that this could have on its silent operation.