It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
MHL and USB-OTG on the Nexus 7 - Mounting USB Storage Not Supported MHL and USB-OTG on the Nexus 7 - Mounting USB Storage Not Supported
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MHL and USB-OTG on the Nexus 7 - Mounting USB Storage Not Supported

Old 2nd July 2012, 10:21   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default MHL and USB-OTG on the Nexus 7 - Mounting USB Storage Not Supported

Since posting the Nexus 7 mini review, I've gotten a lot of emails asking about whether USB-OTG for storage was currently supported or would be supported in the shipping software load. I've done some asking around and believe I have the final word now.
USB-OTG is indeed supported on the Nexus 7, however as anyone has used USB-OTG knows, whether peripherals or devices work is a function of the host OS and drivers. On the Nexus 7, using a mouse and keyboard is supported, and I saw Google using an Ethernet to microUSB adapter with the Nexus 7 (which I borrowed for my Galaxy Nexus) as well. Unfortunately mounting USB storage natively is not supported on the Nexus 7. Hopefully rooted users will be able to use StickMount with the Nexus 7 and make this work. In addition, MHL is not supported on the Nexus 7, which isn't very surprising since adding MHL requires another package and would increase BOM cost.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6061/m...-not-supported
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote