It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Liveblogging with the Surface Pro 3 Liveblogging with the Surface Pro 3
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Liveblogging with the Surface Pro 3

Old 5th June 2014, 07:25   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Liveblogging with the Surface Pro 3

While we don’t have the full Surface Pro 3 review up yet, I’d figure that it’s worth posting some thoughts on it. For those that didn’t follow the liveblog, around an hour before the event Anand handed me the Surface Pro 3 review unit to write the text portion of that article. While I’ve used a Surface Pro 2 before, this was my first encounter with the Surface Pro 3, and I decided to try and use it for the liveblog. In short, it was surprisingly usable, although there are a few caveats. These issues basically come down to a lack of polish, as I encountered some strange bugs throughout the day as I tried to write things down. The first and single most irritating issue is the trackpad, which has a tendency to activate while typing. This usually means that I would end up clicking a previous line and an entire sentence would be inside of another word in a sentence. This broke the flow of typing quite often. Second, I often encountered another odd issue that seemed to force the alt-key to be constantly activated, which meant I couldn’t write text, and fixing this required removing the keyboard dock and then attaching it again. Third, the kickstand is noticeable due to the thin area that it distributes weight upon. This puts pressure on a specific area which can leave marks, although I didn’t have a problem with this. I also noticed that the wake latency isn’t as fast as an ARM-based tablet, although it’s certainly not the 10-20 second wake latency that I’ve come to expect on my hard drive-based desktop.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8121/l...-surface-pro-3
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote