It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Intel reveals new CPU logos, star rating system Intel reveals new CPU logos, star rating system
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Intel reveals new CPU logos, star rating system

Old 8th April 2009, 16:46   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Intel reveals new CPU logos, star rating system

Picking out a new Intel processor—whether on a retail shelf or inside a computer—may soon become a little easier for consumers. As CNet News reports, Intel has unveiled a batch of freshened-up processor logos hand in hand with a novel star-rating system.

The new, wider logos provide a glimpse at the processor silicon in the upper right corner, and they emphasize the main processor brand—Core, Pentium, Celeron, or Atom—much more strongly. So much so that generational suffices like "i7" are almost hard to make out against the backdrop. Intel spokesman Bill Calder told CNet the move is part of a "pretty aggressive brand simplification plan." He elaborated, "When we launched Core i7, we said we're moving to a single primary client brand, which is Core. We're moving in that direction."

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/16715