It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Intel Dual-Core Gaming Performance Analysis Intel Dual-Core Gaming Performance Analysis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Intel Dual-Core Gaming Performance Analysis

Old 19th March 2006, 03:56   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Intel Dual-Core Gaming Performance Analysis

The first thing I would like to point out about this article is that it has been a while in the making. By that I mean, not only has this been a piece that has been needed in general, but my writing of this piece has been mired with roadblocks and washouts.

Going into this article I was quite interested to see how much, if any actual performance difference there was to be gained with a dual-core system. We have all read the numbers and understand that the theoretical differences are impressive, but how much weight is actually transferred into real world usage?

With this article my main goal is to show, through a number of gaming benchmarks, the difference between single and dual-core computing as it relates to gaming. The medium I have chosen for my experiment has been an Intel platform and both single and SLI video card benchmarks.