It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Intel Core i9 Skylake E Clocks no Higher than Broadwell E. Intel Core i9 Skylake E Clocks no Higher than Broadwell E.
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Intel Core i9 Skylake E Clocks no Higher than Broadwell E.

Old 7th June 2017, 05:29   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Intel Core i9 Skylake E Clocks no Higher than Broadwell E.

Doing my regular round of interneting this morning looking for good news to pass along, cageymaru passed along this tidbit from Guru 3D that I found very interesting. Guru is passing along some of its findings out of Computex about the upcoming Intel Core i9 CPUs. First and foremost, it reported that the new 10-Core 7900X has been spotted pulling a Cinebench benchmark at 4.3GHz on a Liquid Cooling System (LCS), scoring 2,364. Now, while the 10-C Broadwell 6950X CPU was not that popular at $1400 in retail (7900X is reported to cost $1000), it was still easily pushed into the 4.3GHz range with a simple Corsair H80 cooling system with a push/pull fan setup. I would know because that is exactly what my system is set up with right now. I built this system recently to render 4K video, which it does quite well. Also this system will easily score close to 2,300 in Cinebench with the 2800MHz memory it is running. So all in all, the Skylake-E does not look much different than Broadwell-E, as many of you probably expected. Also a line that caught my eye is this one in regards to LNG overclocking. Its getting old and it is not at all important or relative towards you guys, the end user. No, LNG overclocking has not been important or relative literally since its inception to the end user. Fun? Yes! Entertaining? Yes! But it not "getting old," it has been old for quite a while and Intel's lack of clocking scale in any significant form in its retail products is the reason LNG is shoved down our throats like it is actually meaningful. Also Guru went on to say this about CPUs available at launch. None, and I do repeat this none of the partners have had their hands on, or even seen the 12, 14, 16 or that 18-core part. So that does raise some questions as earlier on we have already stated that Intel is rushing things as an answer towards AMD's upcoming Threadripper processor series. So on that note, we can confirm that X299 and the respective processors will launch with up-to 10-core processors in the Skylake-X processor series. So that means that there will be three (Skylake-X) SKUs at launch, the Core i7 7800K six core, the 7820X with eight cores and the Core i9 7900K with 10 cores. As suspected, the Intel Core i9 7920X, 7940X, 7960X, and 7980EX seem to be nothing more than a kneejerk reaction to AMD's ThreadRipper, and Intel getting "Xeon" parts out in retail packaging. AMD is truly being disruptive in the market place, and that is a great thing to see. Intel needs to wash its hands now, as it has seemingly pulled its thumb out of its ***.

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2017/06/...n_broa dwell/
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote