It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Intel Broadwell Architecture Preview: A Glimpse into Core M Intel Broadwell Architecture Preview: A Glimpse into Core M
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Intel Broadwell Architecture Preview: A Glimpse into Core M

Old 12th August 2014, 08:44   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Intel Broadwell Architecture Preview: A Glimpse into Core M

With Haswell Refresh fully behind us and 2014 now in to its second half, Intel is turning their attention to their next generation of products and processes. Intel’s tick-tock methodology coupled with the long development periods of new products means that the company has several projects in flight at any given time. So while we have seen the name Broadwell on Intel’s roadmaps for some time now, the reality of the situation is that we know relatively little about Intel’s next generation architecture and the 14nm process that it is the launch vehicle for.

Typically we would see Intel unveil the bulk of the technical details of their forthcoming products at their annual Intel Developer Forum, and with the next IDF scheduled for the week of September 9th we’ll see just that. However today Intel will be breaking from their established standards a bit by not waiting until IDF to deliver everything at once. In a presentation coinciding with today’s embargo, dubbed Advancing Moore’s Law in 2014, Intel will be offering a preview of sorts for Broadwell while detailing their 14nm process.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8355/i...ecture-preview