It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Intel Announces 3rd Generation Core "Ivy Bridge" Processor Family Intel Announces 3rd Generation Core "Ivy Bridge" Processor Family
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Intel Announces 3rd Generation Core "Ivy Bridge" Processor Family

Old 24th April 2012, 07:51   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Intel Announces 3rd Generation Core "Ivy Bridge" Processor Family

Intel finally got the ball rolling on its third generation Core processor family codenamed "Ivy Bridge", which will go into making most of the company's client processor portfolio for 2012. These chips are characterized as being the world's first microprocessors built on the 22 nanometer silicon fabrication process. Intel aided miniaturization of circuits to such tiny scale thanks to 3D Transistor technology, a space-efficient nano-scale transistor design that enables chip-designers to achieve higher transistor densities, and come up with ever more powerful chips.

The third-generation Core processor family is based around a single die design (pictured below), from which it will carve out numerous SKUs in the client market in May-June, and enterprise market (under its Xeon brand, towards the end of June). These SKUs will be carved out by toggling the various parallel components (such as x86 cores, cache banks, processor graphics cores, and of course clock-speeds). The new Core processor family is expected to feature higher performance per clock-speed, and higher efficiency. Intel's Kirk Skaugen has been quoted by the BBC as saying "This is the world's first 22 nm product and we'll be delivering about 20% more processor performance using 20% less average power."

http://www.techpowerup.com/164677/In...or-Family.html
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote