It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Intel 925XE chipset and 3.46GHz Extreme Edition CPU Intel 925XE chipset and 3.46GHz Extreme Edition CPU
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Intel 925XE chipset and 3.46GHz Extreme Edition CPU

Old 1st November 2004, 23:55   #11
kristos

Quote:
Originally posted by lazyman
Where did you read the New P4 processor and chipset is not intended for quiet system to begin with?
here:
Quote:
No high performance CPU is intended for Quiet System
so allow me to say:
Quote:
Invalid statements.
Quote:
You are making a statement base on your feeling and assumption rather than facts.
ok, allow me to refrase:
in my humble opinion, this cpu is not intended for operation in a quiet setup, this cpu is intended for the overclockers (this I canunderstand), braggers (for obvious reasons) and nitwits (because it's the latest (not necessarely the greatest)).
Quote:
Intel and AMD have never planned on making ANY processor for quiet computing. The low power processors are aimed at notebook; low power = longer battery life. The by-product becomes low heat output. Never do they plan on making processor for overclocking; it is the result of improved production yield.
I can only agree with you here
Old 1st November 2004, 23:56   #12
kristos

offtopic:

hey no fair, you can edit here!

Old 2nd November 2004, 00:22   #13

Sidney Freshly Registered

I was addressing the quote from [H], which is valid. Intel processors are running hot in all new releases. Despite some of the W/C users claiming one of the major reason behind using W/C is low noise level comparing to 100% air cooling. Since water cooling can only be installed in certain areas; CPU, HDD, NB, Vcard, MOSFETS etc, it cannot cool the entire board. Hence, cooling the system relies on "FAN = air movement" = noise.

A radiator is cooled by FAN. The compressor in Vapor chill is cooled by FAN. The only logical solution to quiet computing is to use low power units; no OCing; sound dampening materials.

Another way to reduce noise; is to use electronic noise generator emitting sound wave that cancel the frequency that human hears can hear.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2004, 00:26   #14

jort Freshly Registered

Quote:
Another way to reduce noise; is to use electronic noise generator emitting sound wave that cancel the frequency that human hears can hear.
that would be VERY cool & quiet

Old 2nd November 2004, 01:00   #15
kristos

I've read about that on hardware.info years ago but I can't remember what company was working on it and I can't ask on their fora because I forgot my login. Maybe time to make a new account and ask about it again?
Old 2nd November 2004, 01:05   #16

About 20 years ago.

Old 2nd November 2004, 01:28   #17
kristos

well it's about bloody time that they applied it to fit pc use then!!
Old 2nd November 2004, 01:37   #18

You are very demanding, aren't you?
This technique was used in hearing industry (regulated by Medical field) to reduce "ringing" effect to some people. It was later used in automotive industry in an attempt to lower noise emission. Both situations are hell alot more important then for some OCing PC users, mind you.
And, why the f_ck didn't you think of it first.

Old 2nd November 2004, 12:13   #19
kristos

my mommy says you can't say "****" or you will burn in eternal damnation

why didn't I think of it? I didn't have too

It was already in developement years ago. From what I saw then, it wasn't very costly, it wasn't very big and it was already doing what it was supposed to do. The way I see it, the only things that still needed to be done were optimizing it and producing it. Since I never heard from it again, I suppose the latter became a problem.

now let's bounce the ball back, why didn't' you think of it?
Old 2nd November 2004, 13:17   #20

Quote:
well it's about bloody time that they applied it to fit pc use then!!
That was in response to your kind words. Glad you listen to your mama.

I used similar apps 20 years; it requires a microphone or receiver to receive the sound wave from the noise source; a wave generator create signal which might be the opposite of the sine wave. The combination of the source noise and the signal generated producing a sound wave that human ears could not hear. At least, that was the theory.

Quote:
now let's bounce the ball back, why didn't' you think of it?
Since I brought it up, it was only logical that I thought of it. I'm wondering your state of mind.