It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
GELID Xtreme & GC2 Thermal Paste GELID Xtreme & GC2 Thermal Paste
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GELID Xtreme & GC2 Thermal Paste

Old 13th July 2009, 19:03   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default GELID Xtreme & GC2 Thermal Paste

Back in March of 2009, I reviewed some of GELID Solutions thermal paste called GC1. During my testing phase I was amazed at the performance of this thermal paste. I was notified by GELID Solutions that they were making newer, & better thermal paste that rivals even there GC1. At first hearing this, I was a bit skeptical of this, GELID Solutions offered me to review some of this 'Better' thermal paste. Well, of coarse I was more then happy to check out this new and improved thermal paste.

I was not expecting much difference in my CPU temperatures, because even I came to realize that the only way for my CPU temperatures are going to go down any lower then they are, is by drastically changing my water cooling set up to something a bit more aggressive. Like adding frozen Carbon Dioxide (better known as 'Dicing') to my water, or purchasing a Phase Change unit, to figuring out how to put my reservoir inside of a freezer. Of coarse these steps are just a tad bit too drastic of a measure for my self to gain a few extra MHz on my CPU.

The two new thermal pastes that GELID Solutions sent me were their Extreme, and the GC2 thermal pastes. Do these thermal pastes have what it takes to compete with good already proven thermal pastes out on the market? Like Noctua, OCZ Freeze, Artic Silver, Cooler Master, or even remotely keep up with their tried and trued GC1 thermal paste. Lets step inside and see how these two new thermal pastes stacked up.

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1619