It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Foxconn BloodRage Motherboard Foxconn BloodRage Motherboard
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Foxconn BloodRage Motherboard

Old 23rd April 2009, 13:51   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Foxconn BloodRage Motherboard

I don't like this board. I don't know how I can sum it up any better than that. Normally I'd write here and make some comment about how the board's minor issues and overclocking can all be improved with a BIOS update. At this time there are a ton of BIOS revisions out there and I've read a wide variety of experiences concerning many of them so this goes without saying. Overclocking and the SAS controller issues certainly can improve with new BIOS revisions. However the things I hate about this board simply can't be fixed with a BIOS update.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==
Old 23rd April 2009, 19:12   #2
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

Quote:
Well, I already pointed out that this board is not for everyone, it's not for the casual air cooler for sure. But if you go to the forum discussion and check out pages 4 and 5 you will find that after all the whiners got their say in then the BR owners came to it's defense. Dan admitted that it was the fact he couldn't run Tri-SLI with stock coolers that doomed the board for him. The whole memory issue is moot since they did this review 60 days ago and were using the G16 Bios I believe. I have no problem running Dominators at 1600 with timings set to auto, in fact the board sets the timings better than the SPD settings. Their complaint about 6Gb vs. 12Gb has been defunct ed by at least two reviews, Toms and Overclock3d. My only issue with the review is that once they made theri minds up about the layout, nothing else mattered, forget that the board was nearly tied with the other boards even though the ram was at 1333Mhz. Forget the fact that the board overclocks easily and has an extremely detailed bios, their opinion mind you. I am not sure if Foxconn pissed in their Wheaties or what, but the review should be taken for what it is, a review that tries to take an extreme overclocker's board and tries to make it mainstream.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=222743