It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
A Firefox ate my extensions A Firefox ate my extensions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A Firefox ate my extensions

Old 7th May 2019, 10:11   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default A Firefox ate my extensions

I thought they only ate fruit

Red panda flavoured browser maker Mozilla has started distributing new Firefox updates after the browser started munching on its own extensions on Friday.

Mozilla had released an update Saturday, but Sunday's fix is supposed to help more people who were affected. "There are some issues we're still working on, but we wanted to get this release out and get your add-ons back up & running before Monday", Mozilla said in a tweet Sunday.

Mozilla requires specific extensions digitally signed to improve security. The certificate Mozilla uses for that purpose expired, though, so Firefox started disabling extensions it no longer considered safe.

"No active steps need to be taken to make add-ons work again. In particular, please do not delete and/or reinstall any add-ons as an attempt to fix the issue", Kev Needham, Mozilla's product manager for add-ons, said in a blog post about the problem.

Saturday's fix updated Firefox using the studies tool for testing new features, which some have disabled. That fix didn't work for Firefox on Android or the slower-moving Extended Support Release (ESR) version of Firefox.

Sunday's fix was a more ordinary release of Firefox that repaired the certificate issue. It works for ordinary versions of Firefox for personal computers as well as the Android and ESR versions, Mozilla said.

As of this morning it still has not arrived for us.

https://fudzilla.com/news/48629-a-fi...-my-extensions
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote