It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Final Update! - Dual Core Stress Test: AMD vs. Intel Final Update! - Dual Core Stress Test: AMD vs. Intel
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Final Update! - Dual Core Stress Test: AMD vs. Intel

Old 25th June 2005, 00:10   #1

Sidney Freshly Registered
Default Final Update! - Dual Core Stress Test: AMD vs. Intel

Here is the conclusion -

Quote:
So, what to buy when you need a top system for a nice sum? For business use, the Intel system should be the better choice, especially in view of its availability as well as the already existing service from Intel partners and system vendors. However, the Intel system is also an energy gobbler, as our table shows - it consumes up to 30% more power compared to the AMD system.

For enthusiasts, the decision should be easy: for individual performance-hungry applications, the Athlon 64 X2 system offers the best performance and is the model of stability as well. The latter was not true for the Intel system. Only motherboards with the Intel chipset ran smoothly without a problem - those based on the nForce4 SLI chipset caused some difficulties.
http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20050603/index.html

Here is my (personal) observation from the conclusion -

It is an extensive test for both systems, and surely THG deserves my appreciation for the hard work. The conclusion raises another question in my mind, which is the definition/clarification of (Intel system should be the better choice, especially in view of its availability as well as the already existing service from Intel partners and system vendors) availability and already existing service.

Is THG telling me that AMD has availablity problem and does not have service and partners?

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2005, 08:55   #2
Faiakes

I saw other people commenting on that and I didn't want to believe it myself but...
THG is indeed biased in favour of Intel.

Not gonna bother with their CPU reviews anymore. I'll stick with their LCD tests only.