It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Danger Den DD-GTX470 GPU Water Block Danger Den DD-GTX470 GPU Water Block
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Danger Den DD-GTX470 GPU Water Block

Old 30th June 2010, 15:26   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Danger Den DD-GTX470 GPU Water Block

Being in the review game, I know I have to keep newer products in my PC just so I have parts on hand to be able to test new coolers with. I abused my 9800 GTX+ pretty good over the past year, but it was time to move on to bigger and better things. That in mind, I decided to go with a pair of EVGA GTX 470 SC’s to run in SLI. Out of the box these cards were warm and in my pursuit to beat the snot out of them for benchmarks, I soon found the 470 to be nothing less than a nine and a half inch inferno, especially with the BIOS fan profile. Changing the fan profile to a more aggressive slope was some help, but definitely not the solution I needed if I planned to be able to get the last drop out of my cards.

After a couple of emails back and forth with Danger Den, they agreed to send over a pair of their latest creations. I am very pleased to present today’s samples, the DD-GTX 470 full coverage water blocks. Danger Den offers two variations on this design. There is a Nickel plated version and the version we have today, a smooth satin, exposed copper finish. From the way I see it, the Nickel is nice, as it adds an oxidation free finish that is a lot easier to clean than the exposed copper, but does little for the effectiveness of the block itself. With that in mind, both versions of the block should perform similarly. It’s more of a cosmetic choice.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/336...ock/index.html