It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Corsair® Powers the ‘Dream PC’ Corsair® Powers the ‘Dream PC’
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Corsair® Powers the ‘Dream PC’

Old 2nd November 2009, 11:01   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Icon17 Corsair® Powers the ‘Dream PC’

Corsair® Powers the ‘Dream PC’

- Corsair Obsidian Series™ 800D, Dominator™ GT and Extreme Series SSDs power this year’s winner of the coveted Custom PC Dream PC competition -

Corsair, a worldwide leader in high-performance computing components, today congratulates Scan Computer for winning Custom PC Magazine’s coveted Dream PC award for the third consecutive year. Scan’s winning entry, dubbed “Jellyfish”, highlights several of Corsair’s premium components, including the Obsidian Series 800D chassis, Dominator GT DDR3 memory, and Extreme Series solid-state drives.

The annual Custom PC Dream PC contest pits the UK’s most accomplished PC system builders against each other in a no holds barred competition to build the ultimate performance computer. This year’s winner is the Scan 3XS Jellyfish, a masterfully designed and engineered system based around an overclocked Intel® Core™ i7-975. Helping the Jellyfish to victory is a pair of Corsair X256 Extreme Series solid-state drives in RAID configuration, 6GB of 2000MHz Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 memory, and the award-winning Corsair Obsidian Series 800D chassis.
“The fact that this year’s winning Dream PC uses Corsair’s full tower case, DDR3 memory and solid-state drives clearly demonstrates that to build the world’s best custom PCs, you need to use the world’s best components,” said Jim Carlton, VP of Marketing for Corsair, “We’re extremely proud that Scan Computers selected Corsair’s hardware for their winning system and would like to congratulate them on their astonishing achievement in building such an incredible Dream PC.”
The Scan 3XS Jellyfish was victorious despite strong competition from the four other Dream PC contestants, including the Cryo PC ‘Graphite’, Chillblast ‘Fusion Artisan’, Beast Computers ‘Cerberus’, and Kobalt Computers ‘Daedalus’, most of which also used Corsair components. Out of the five contenders, four used Corsair solid-state drives and Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 memory and two used Corsair HX1000W power supplies, underlining the dominance of Corsair’s performance computing components.

“Scan has consistently worked with Corsair for each Dream PC competition, and our joint success is evident—three consecutive Dream PC titles. No other company has achieved this, which is testament to both the unrivalled skill of the Scan 3XS team and the quality of the components used,” said Elan Raja III, Director of Scan Computers. “For the best results, you need the best hardware, and that’s why the Scan 3XS team consistently chooses Corsair.”

Full coverage of the Dream PC 2009 contest will be in the December 2009 issue of Custom PC, on sale on 22nd October. Videos showcasing each Dream PC are also available on Custom PC’s sister website, http://www.bit-tech.net

About Corsair
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory, Inc., is a worldwide leader in high performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra- efficient power supplies, our flagship products, Including Dominator™ memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts, and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of Flash Voyager® and Flash Survivor™ USB storage devices. Corsair offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit www.corsair.com.