It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Console Gamers Get Killed against PC Gamers Console Gamers Get Killed against PC Gamers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Console Gamers Get Killed against PC Gamers

Old 24th July 2010, 00:13   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Console Gamers Get Killed against PC Gamers

Rumor has it that there was a project many many months ago at Microsoft that was under wraps. The goal was to bridge XBOX gamers with PC Gamers so they could play against one another in games like Unreal, or Gears of War. This was all part of their Live strategy, and had Microsoft just stuck to their guns and made it work PC Gaming might be in a much better position than it is today.

There was a project that got killed at Microsoft. This project was designed to allow console gamers and PC gamers to interact and battle over a connected environment. Personally I wish it would have stayed the course. I've heard from reliable sources that during the development they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game... and guess what happened? They pitted console gamers with their "console" controller, against PC gamers with their keyboard and mouse. The console players got destroyed every time. So much so that it would be embarrassing to the XBOX team in general had Microsoft launched this initiative.

http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/con...gainst-pc.html
Old 24th July 2010, 20:07   #2
KMM

This is too funny. I remember when the Dreamcast was around, I had Quake 3 and decided to go onto multiplayer. At the time I bought the mouse and keyboard for the system because I don't play FPS's with a controller. Loaded up Quake 3 went online and even though at the time I never played the game before, online I was raping in 95% of the games. I especially noticed that people with rail guns with controllers would miss me a lot.