| ||Thread Tools|
|21st November 2005, 12:06||#1|
Join Date: May 2002
ATI’s New Feature Rich All-In-Wonder® X1800 XL, With Avivo™, Now Available
Amazingly fast Radeon® graphics and award-winning Adobe® software enhance new multimedia offering
MARKHAM, Ontario/ Munich, Germany – November 21, 2005 – ATI Technologies Inc. (TSX: ATY, NASDAQ: ATYT) today announced All-In-Wonder® X1800 XL is now available in North America – European availability is anticipated for this autumn. ATI’s newest offering joins All-In-Wonder® X800 XL and All-In-Wonder® 2006 Edition to round out the multimedia product family spanning nearly 10 years of market leadership. As ATI’s fastest multimedia video card, All-In-Wonder X1800 XL provides amazing performance with the Radeon® X1800 XL graphics processor while enabling Avivo™ technologies for the best possible video and image quality. All-In-Wonder X1800 XL now comes bundled with Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 4.0 Plus Adobe® Premiere® Elements 2.0 software, offering award-winning photo and video editing as proof of the All-In-Wonder commitment to outstanding multimedia value. All-In-Wonder X1800 XL offers something for everyone – from the home theater aficionado, to photo and video editing fans, to the adrenaline filled gamer.
Traditionally, All-In-Wonder customers expect exceptional video editing support from the product and now, for the first time, customers can enjoy photo editing as part of the complete multimedia offering.
“Adobe Photoshop Elements Plus Adobe Premiere Elements offers consumers the powerful integration they need to combine digital images and video into a compelling and creative story,” said Deborah Whitman, vice president of Product Management for Digital Imaging at Adobe. “We are pleased that our customers have the option of purchasing a combination of ATI hardware and Adobe software that provides an industry-leading solution for their home studio.”
“ATI’s All-In-Wonder X1800 XL offers Media PC owners a richer and more entertaining experience,” said Paul Lypaczewski, Vice President and General Manager, Multimedia Business Unit, ATI Technologies. “We’re able to extend the true multimedia experience by including Adobe software to give users an unparalleled photo and video editing experience. Consumers will appreciate the features that Avivo offers such as easy connectivity to high definition televisions while delivering more vibrant and technically more accurate images. All-In-Wonder X1800 XL is the best solution on the market for the ultimate Media PC experience.”
All-In-Wonder X1800 XL sets a new level of multimedia performance:
· Next generation Radeon® X1800 XL graphics – Ultra-threaded 3D architecture, optimized for Microsoft DirectX® 9 and Shader Model 3.0, Advanced 90nm process, Exceptional performance, 500 MHz engine, 256 MB 500MHz memory (GDDR3)
· Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 Plus Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 – the software bundle delivers the powerful and affordable software integration consumers need to be creative and impress friends and family with their digital photos and home videos.
o Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 software - Adobe’s No. 1 selling consumer photo editing software, adds innovative and intuitive ways to organize, edit and share photos
o Adobe Premiere Elements - brings unparalleled control, ease of use and more options for creative digital video editing with a self-adjusting workspace
· Avivo - Outstanding video playback, 64 times as many colors than previous solutions for amazing display functionality and very user-friendly high definition TV display connectivity
Multimedia Center 9.10 - ATI’s award-winning multimedia software now works even better with existing ATI TV tuner products. Dual-tuner MulTView™ support now allows timeshifting on two TV tuners simultaneously when paired with an ATI TV tuner card, including the Theater™ 550 Pro
· Uniquely designed “domino-style” connector dongles - Innovative
modular input and VGA plus DVI-I monitor output connectivity for
flexibility and easily accessible combinations
· Remote Wonder Plus™ - ATI’s third-generation radio-frequency remote control device now includes improved support for Windows® XP Media Center Edition, and allows for complete computer control through a wireless interface. For users who prefer a traditional Windows XP Media Center Edition remote control, a 50 per cent reduced price offer is included
· Windows XP Media Center Edition support – In addition to usage with Windows XP Home and Professional, All-In-Wonder X1800 XL supports Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 for an amazing home theater experience
Additionally, North American owners of All-In-Wonder X1800 XL can expect:
· ATI TV tuner design for instant viewing of up to 125 channels of cable or analog antenna broadcasts with FM broadcast reception
· Gemstar’s GuidePlus+™ intelligent free integrated program guide to view, search, schedule and record TV programs at the click of a mouse
· Unified application for both analog and free over-the air HDTV broadcasts (United States only) when combined with HDTV Wonder™
European All-In-Wonder X1800 XL customers will receive:
· ATI TV tuner that receives 125 channels of cable or analog broadcasts plus DVB-T and FM tuning capabilities
· Program Guide support with TVTV for Analog TV and DVB-T programs
· SCART (Syndicat des Constructeurs d’Appareils Radiorécepteurs et Téléviseurs) connector for televisions
· Multimedia Center 9.10 with a unified TV interface for both DVB-T digital and analog broadcasts
All-In-Wonder X1800 XL has a manufacturers suggested retail price of USD$429. Visit ATI.com for more information.
About ATI Technologies
ATI Technologies Inc. is a world leader in the design and manufacture of innovative 3D graphics and digital media silicon solutions. An industry pioneer since 1985, ATI is the world’s foremost graphics processor unit (GPU) provider and is dedicated to deliver leading-edge performance solutions for the full range of PC and Mac desktop and notebook platforms, workstation, set-top and digital television, game console and handheld device markets. With 2005 revenues of US $2.22 billion, ATI has more than 3,400 employees in the Americas, Europe and Asia. ATI common shares trade on NASDAQ (ATYT) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (ATY).
Important Information Regarding Forward-looking Statements
Forward-looking statements look into the future and provide an opinion as to the effect of certain events and trends on the business. Forward-looking statements may include words such as “plans,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “should,” “estimates,” “expects,” “believes,” “indicates,” “targeting,” “suggests” and similar expressions.
This news release contains forward-looking statements about ATI’s objectives, strategies, financial condition and results. These “forward-looking” statements are based on current expectations and entail various risks and uncertainties. Our actual results may materially differ from our expectations if known and unknown risks or uncertainties affect our business, or if our estimates or assumptions prove inaccurate. Therefore we cannot provide any assurance that forward-looking statements will materialize. We assume no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or any other reason. Additional information concerning risks and uncertainties affecting our business and other factors that could cause our financial results to fluctuate is contained in our filings with Canadian and U.S. securities regulatory authorities, including our 2004 Annual Information Form and 2004 Annual Report filed on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
Copyright 2005 ATI Technologies Inc. All rights reserved. ATI and ATI product and product feature names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of ATI Technologies Inc. All other company and product names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Features, pricing, availability and specifications are subject to change without notice. Adobe, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PowerColor Extends the Mainstream Line-Up with the Very Upgradeable X1800 GTO||jmke||WebNews||0||9th March 2006 08:37|
|ASUSTeK Accelerates Overclocked RADEON X1800 XT||jmke||WebNews||1||29th November 2005 10:30|
|GeForce 7800 GTX 512 Crusher: X1800 XT PE or R580?||jmke||WebNews||1||27th November 2005 17:45|
|Demand for the RADEON X1800 XT is “Fantastic” – Web-Store||jmke||WebNews||0||12th November 2005 15:39|
|ATI's New Radeon® X1800 Garnering Industry Wide Praise From Game Developers||jmke||WebNews||1||16th October 2005 09:11|
|ATI’s R5-Series Nears Revenue Shipments: R520 in Q3||jmke||WebNews||0||11th July 2005 18:17|
|ATI’s R520 to Feature Hardware Accelerated HD Content Playback||jmke||WebNews||1||28th May 2005 16:19|
|ASUS Debuts Mainboard Using ATI’s New Pentium 4 Chipset||jmke||WebNews||0||22nd March 2005 12:54|
|ATI’s Next-Generation Product ‘R520’ Taped Out||jmke||WebNews||0||3rd November 2004 12:28|
|ATI’s RADEON X700 Approaches Introduction||jmke||WebNews||0||22nd August 2004 23:55|