| ||Thread Tools|
|28th February 2013, 17:12||#1|
Join Date: May 2002
3DMark 11 v1.0.4 released, now fully compatible with Windows 8
We have updated 3DMark 11 to version 1.0.4, which makes the benchmark fully compatible with Windows 8. The update also addresses other compatibility issues and a few uncommon bugs. Benchmark scores are not affected and scores from this new version can be compared with scores from the previous version 3DMark 11 v1.0.3.
The major changes in 3DMark v1.0.4 include:
- Keyboard focus is no longer checked during the demo or when running the benchmark in a loop. Note that if the display switches to the desktop due to a popup window during the benchmark, the run will still be aborted as the display mode is no longer the same.
- 3DMark 11 now remembers the last custom resolution used.
- GPU count detection for multi-GPU systems is now correct even when SystemInfo is explicitly disabled.
- 3DMark 11 will now prevent Windows from entering Sleep during the test.
- The license key is now reset when the benchmark is reinstalled, allowing removal of invalid keys.
- SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for full Windows 8 compatibility.
- Updated DirectX redistributable.
- Now using static Visual C++ 2010 runtime libraries to fix rare installation issues on some systems.
- Removed dependency on EvaDotNet.dll and EvaDotNet.DirectX.dll for GPU enumeration to fix compatibility issues with some systems.
- Fixed display initialization code that caused "SetFullscreenState failed: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE" errors on some systems.
- Fixed several memory and texture leaks, improving stability during very long looping runs.
- The HUD timer no longer rolls over if a single test takes more than ten minutes. (Yes, this could happen during the Combined Test on some low end DirectX 11 cards.)
PROFESSIONAL EDITION ONLY
- Fixed submitting saved files to 3dmark.com from the command line.
- Image Quality Tool no longer gives a cryptic error if the output directory does not exist.
To get the update download the 3DMark v1.0.4 installer from one of our partner mirror sites.
People using the Steam version of 3DMark 11 will get the update automatically when they next restart the Steam client.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|New 3DMark to Compare Windows, Windows RT, Android and iOS Devices||Stefan Mileschin||WebNews||0||15th November 2012 09:25|
|3DMark Vantage 1.1 released: Basic Edition now free||jmke||WebNews||0||14th March 2011 16:14|
|3DMark 11 version 1.01 released||jmke||WebNews||0||20th December 2010 16:06|
|Leadtek Graphics cards and TV tuner products fully certified for Microsoft Windows 7||jmke||WebNews||0||9th November 2009 11:25|
|List of Spyware Protection Software Compatible with Windows 7||jmke||WebNews||5||15th January 2009 18:02|
|List of Anti-Virus Software Compatible with Windows 7||jmke||WebNews||0||12th January 2009 16:29|
|3DMark Vantage Hotfix Released||jmke||WebNews||0||22nd May 2008 14:32|
|3DMark Vantage DX10 Benchmark Released||jmke||WebNews||2||28th April 2008 23:51|
|The Great HDCP Fiasco - ATI/NVIDIA do not fully support Windows VISTA||jmke||WebNews||1||13th February 2006 00:49|
|How to uninstall windows media player 9 fully???||joker||Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs||6||17th May 2004 00:19|